No Lou tonight, Payton in CF.

Big Mac

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some on this board are going to have their heads explode when they see just how little playing time Montanez will get. I wouldn't expect him to see any more game action than Jon Knott, J.R. House, or Scott Moore (2008) did.

Things could change if Payton is sent off in a waiver deal or Scott goes on the DL, but, barring those scenarios, I see Montanez mostly riding the pine and pinch hitting.

Link to the lineup:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck/2008/08/tonights_lineup_2.html

Why would you ever play Payton against RHP?:confused:

Well, let's consider the particular right-hander the Orioles are facing tonight for starters.

Payton is 2-6 (.333) with both hits being doubles against the man called Jon Garland. That, OPS-jockeys, adds up to a 1.000 OPS.

Next case.

I get so disgusted with this time of the year when it comes to this team...Even though Jones is out, look at that lineup...A bunch of players that have no real future with this organization.

What a disgrace.

I guess they still plan on trading Payton, and they figure the more time he gets on the field, the better. That's the only excuse I can think of.

Uh, that looks like the usual lineup, just without AJ in CF, and I think Payton might be playing because Trembley knows what he can do, I think there's a chance we see Lou as a PH for Castro at some point in the night.

I think Trembley is completely oblivious to Payton's .528 OPS vs. RHP.;)

Well, let's consider the particular right-hander the Orioles are facing tonight for starters.

Payton is 2-6 (.333) with both hits being doubles against the man called Jon Garland. That, OPS-jockeys, adds up to a 1.000 OPS.

Next case.

He's had 2 entire hits in just 6 at bats against Garland and you're closing the case? I object!

Next case.

I'm going to play the small sample size card here.

I see no point in playing a 36 OF who won't be on this team next season and isn't good.

I'd rather see the guy who's 10 years younger and can, you know, actually hit his way out of a paper bag.

Archived