Gunnar Henderson signs

Luke-OH

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, weams said:

Yeah I looked at the tickets sold.  And there were about 5 sections in the upper deck that were pretty much sold out.  And the sections around home plate were pretty well sold and the bleachers.  The rest of the stadium was pretty much 10 percent sold. .  Funny those sections in the upper deck that were sold out were almost completely empty during the game. 

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah I looked at the tickets sold.  And there were about 5 sections in the upper deck that were pretty much sold out.  And the sections around home plate were pretty well sold and the bleachers.  The rest of the stadium was pretty much 10 percent sold. .  Funny those sections in the upper deck that were sold out were almost completely empty during the game. 

@Tony-OH commented to me during the game how full the upper deck was... /shrug

7 minutes ago, weams said:

@Tony-OH commented to me during the game how full the upper deck was... /shrug

Looks like people moved over in the upper deck from the corners.  The team would probably make a lot more money if they didn't let people move to better seats. 

Just finished watching a stream of the Gunnar press conference.    Nothing too crazy in there.   Seems like a well-spoken and thoughtful kid.  His younger brother was already an Oriole fan for years and called the Orioles taking him beforehand, heh.

Gunnar will apparently spend most (if not all) of the summer in the GCL according to Elias.

Gunnar sees himself staying at SS.      Those were the noteworthy takeaways imo.

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Just finished watching a stream of the Gunnar press conference.    Nothing too crazy in there.   Seems like a well-spoken and thoughtful kid.  His younger brother was already an Oriole fan for years 

Poor kid...

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Poor kid...

Well since Gunnar is 17 I imagine his younger brother probably doesn't remember too much of the pre-Buck era thankfully.  Apparently he was/is a big Manny Machado fan.

Gunnar will be in the GCL this year and we'll see where he goes next season.  Little things I picked up on, and was impressed by, Gunnar seems humble and he's very courteous answering, "Yes, sir or no, sir."  It shows his upbringing.  My father didn't ask to be addressed as "sir," but it was a (common-)courtesy he demanded that you extend to an adult you didn't know, same as I've tried to instill in my son.  I know how that makes me sound, so flame away
giphy.gif

Just now, Aglets said:

Well since Gunnar is 17 I imagine his younger brother probably doesn't remember too much of the pre-Buck era thankfully.  Apparently he was a big Manny Machado fan.

Fair enough.   I just couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a cheap shot.   

I’m excited to have Gunnar in the fold.  

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Gunnar will be in the GCL this year and we'll see where he goes next season.  Little things I picked up on, and was impressed by, Gunnar seems humble and he's very courteous answering, "Yes, sir or no, sir."  It shows his upbringing.  My father didn't ask to be addressed as "sir," but it was a (common-)courtesy he demanded that you extend to an adult you didn't know, same as I've tried to instill in my son.  I know how that makes me sound, so flame away
giphy.gif

First thing I noticed about Grayson Rodriguez last year was the same thing, even when being interviewed in the booth in-game.    

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Yeah I noticed that detail as well.   Only saw him speak for a few minutes but he seemed like a good kid based on little things like that.

Archived