Orioles and the 2019 ASG (Mancini out, Means in)

BohKnowsBmore

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Mancini deserves it.  Means might be a flash in the pan. I feel bad for Trey. Trey has lots of big time numbers. 

What does flash in the pan have to do with anything? 

This ain't the Grammys.

It's the 2019 All Star game, not the career achievement game. 

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

That's an odd sentiment, considering that you started the original thread for the Orioles' 2019 All-Star game representative.

o

What’s curious is that you think it’s odd that someone can lose interest over time. I thought it was an interesting topic at the time, now I don’t care.

I haven’t gone back and looked at that comment, but I think I was rooting for Means even then, and it’s obvious that the team was rooting for Mancini, But I don’t really care, I just want nobody to get injured.

21 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

That's an odd sentiment, considering that you started the original thread for the Orioles' 2019 All-Star game representative.

o

“Means might well be a real all-star, however. He’s come out of nowhere, he’s doing Very well, He would be a valuable part of every contending team, and he is the kind of feel-good story that makes the AS game special.

He’d be my choice.”

yup.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What does flash in the pan have to do with anything? 

This ain't the Grammys.

It's the 2019 All Star game, not the career achievement game. 

It means exactly what I said. Man, Mancini has had the better first half. Not his fault his WAR has been hurt by playing out of position. Means has been babied. How many extra outs has he been asked to get?  

5 IP over an everyday player. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

It means exactly what I said. Man, Mancini has had the better first half. Not his fault his WAR has been hurt by playing out of position. Means has been babied. How many extra outs has he been asked to get?  

5 IP over an everyday player. 

Is it Means' fault he's being babied?  Is he asking out of games?  I remember when Bedard would ask out of games, I don't see Means doing that. 

How do you hold Hyde's usage against Means but not against Mancini?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is it Means' fault he's being babied?  Is he asking out of games?  I remember when Bedard would ask out of games, I don't see Means doing that. 

How do you hold Hyde's usage against Means but not against Mancini?

Tell Means we need 6-7IP tonight. He can’t do it. Tell Mancini we need him to play LF, RF, 1B, DH and he can. 

I like Means but this is bs. Mancini deserves this. Mancini is a true all star. Means is a mandatory one.  

45 minutes ago, Philip said:

Meh, who cares.

Cash or Means would be a better choice anyway. They get into the game, throw ten pitches, and we not have to worry about Mancini getting injured.

31 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

What’s curious is that you think it’s odd that someone can lose interest over time. I thought it was an interesting topic at the time, now I don’t care.

I haven’t gone back and looked at that comment, but I think I was rooting for Means even then, and it’s obvious that the team was rooting for Mancini, But I don’t really care, I just want nobody to get injured.

o

When you started that thread on May 14th, the Orioles were in last place with a record of 14-26, and well on their way to what most Orioles fans expected (a horrible rebuilding season.)

Now the Orioles are 24-58, in last place, and well on their way to what most Orioles fans expected (a horrible rebuilding season.)

I don't see that much has changed between then and now. If you've lost interest in the subject, fine. I (and BohKnowsBmore) found it ironic.

o

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Tell Means we need 6-7IP tonight. He can’t do it. Tell Mancini we need him to play LF, RF, 1B, DH and he can. 

I like Means but this is bs. Mancini deserves this. Mancini is a true all star. Means is a mandatory one.  

You don't know that.  Means might be as good in the seventh inning as Mancini is in left field.

1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

That may be. But Abreu is sort of a weak addition over Mancini. Particularly since Giolito would be a great selection for them. 

Made you working from the constraint that the Os can only have one player max (rather than one player min)?

Abreau has 20 career WAR how much does and every team needs a player on the team.

Archived