Roch doing the radio tonight?

Going Underground

18 hours ago, makoman said:

You should be able to plug a guy in from another department to fill in if needed. I hear Davis is going to be selling cotton candy next home stand, he’s not that busy during most games anyway. 

You absolutely can't have Davis selling any kind of food. He'd eat all the product!

Oh wait, you weren't talking about Tom Davis?

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'm really curious to see / hear how Roch fairs with something that requires improvisation...since the majority of his work under this new regime seems to be just rehashing news that someone else has already broken. 

I heard him for 20 minutes on my break last night. He's good for filling in in an emergency. Personable and funny. He knows the "baseball world" but he doesn't know "the game" like a color man should. Like Bordick, BRob, Big Ben, Otter, Dave Johnson. Guys that played.

I rather enjoyed listening to Roch the last couple of nights. Admittedly, I was going back and forth between the radio and TV call, as I'm also a Jim/Bordy fan, but I thought he acquitted himself very nicely. If nothing else, the man is quite the multitasker - has to be challenging to help call a game while tweeting and blogging away all at once! :)

Hopefully that won't be the last time we'll get to hear him in that capacity.

Archived