2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I was curious what would happen to the money the Orioles owe the Red Sox if Boston were to trade Cashner. Surely we wouldn't be required to pay a third team his innings bonuses, right? 

15 minutes ago, Darkhawk said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I was curious what would happen to the money the Orioles owe the Red Sox if Boston were to trade Cashner. Surely we wouldn't be required to pay a third team his innings bonuses, right? 

I believe we are on the hook for whatever we agreed to pay.

Losing Pedroia took the air and fire out of the Sox. Losing two key arms in their pen also hurt them. I think Villar will bring back more than some may think. Givens will bring us a young AA pitcher or two from the Cubs, Padres, Phillies or Braves. Maybe one or two just called up for Villar. I like Villar but think .they can replace him.  I agree now is the time to move Mancini but if Elias does that who will the fans go to the games to see? Davis? Martin? Ruiz? Smith. Jr,  Nunez?

p

Another scoreless outing for Givens.  Villar with a homer. 

5 hours ago, section18 said:

Losing Pedroia took the air and fire out of the Sox. Losing two key arms in their pen also hurt them. I think Villar will bring back more than some may think. Givens will bring us a young AA pitcher or two from the Cubs, Padres, Phillies or Braves. Maybe one or two just called up for Villar. I like Villar but think .they can replace him.  I agree now is the time to move Mancini but if Elias does that who will the fans go to the games to see? Davis? Martin? Ruiz? Smith. Jr,  Nunez?

I think we’re looking below AA for players in trade returns. 

By my count this morning there are 9 teams in the NL either winning their divisions or within 2.5 GB of a WC spot. The AL has 7 teams in the same situation but within 5.0 GB.

Can the Angels sell?  Texas has lost 7 straight, hopefully they turn it around. 

A team like BOS could really drive the market. They could be first to strike on trading for a top SP. That could make Minn, Clev, TB, and Oak, make a move just to keep up. When you have Trout, don’t you have to try at least something to go for it?

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Nice article by Forbes.....nothing really new

https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkarpovich/2019/07/23/baltimore-orioles-mlb-trade-deadline/#ab51385dddd9

so the market for Givens appears to be the Nationals, Phillies, Braves, Indians, and Cleveland.

I ageee that we should be able to get 1 organizational top 20 and a couple of lesser parts.

If we can get Cleveland and the Indians into a bidding war we could really clean up.

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

The dodgers are a good match up imo.  They have quite a few middle infielders that intrigue me and would seem to fit what we maybe looking for in young guys in the lower level that have high upside.  

I would ask for Jacob Amaya and Josiah Gray in a deal with them.  Amaya is a young middle infielder that is putting up decent numbers in A ball and has some defenseive upside.   Gray is another young guy who just got called up to AA and has a quality arm.  He is similar to Givens as many saw him as an infielder in college some.  He could be a middle o rotation starter if he finds a third pitch or a quality late inning guy that can throw mid 90s.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:22 AM, section18 said:

p

Dustin Pedroia played 3 games in 2018 and the Red Sox won the division so I'm not sure I really buy into your first comment. And Chavis has filled in admirably for him, at least offensively. On Villar I mentioned this in several other posts, but when you actually look at the other teams in contention and who they're starting at 2B it's very clear how little value Villar has. Hardly any of those teams would consider him as a starter and I don't see anyone giving up anything of value for a bench bat. 

Archived