2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just got an alert that the Giants are not going to be trading mad bum, so they are probably going to switch from selling to buying or at least standing pat, which means their splendid stable of relievers is staying put.

That means that our own baubles have gotten a little bit shinier.

23 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well I just got an alert that the Giants are not going to be trading mad bum, so they are probably going to switch from selling to buying or at least standing pat, which means their splendid stable of relievers is staying put.

That means that our own baubles have gotten a little bit shinier.

Yeah but Mets are said to be trying to move Syndergaard and Diaz today as well.  So Mad Bum and Smith off the table but replaced by the two mets guys.

30 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah but Mets are said to be trying to move Syndergaard and Diaz today as well.  So Mad Bum and Smith off the table but replaced by the two mets guys.

Yes, on the other hand, Diaz has been pretty bad this year, I would rather have him then Givens, but he’s not as superior as he was last year. I actually don’t think Givens moves. The Rangers are also going to be folding their tents, and I bet the twins trade for Mike Minor, and Jose LeClerc Go somewhere too.

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes, on the other hand, Diaz has been pretty bad this year, I would rather have him then Givens, but he’s not as superior as he was last year. I actually don’t think Givens moves. The Rangers are also going to be folding their tents, and I bet the twins trade for Mike Minor, and Jose LeClerc Go somewhere too.

I think Givens goes. His strikeout rate is a career high while his walks and hits per nine are within his career range. He's had bad luck with homers (it was double his career rate last I looked). Getting out of the AL East will help that

Bet he goes to the Braves or the Phillies

Chicago has reportedly expressed interest in Blue Jays infielder Eric Sogard, Orioles utilityman Jonathan Villar, Tigers outfielder Nicholas Castellanos and Diamondbacks speedster Jarrod Dyson.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-trade-rumors-cubs-have-interest-in-whit-merrifield-even-though-royals-say-they-wont-deal-him/1qu5shqw66fny149qx157bbt8i

48 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

Could you package givens with severino to the dodgers for a legit prospect or two?

Dodgers have some legit prospects

You're not going to sniff either of Gavin Lux or Dustin May and probably not Keibert Ruiz or Will Smith but I could see someone like Tony Gonsolin/Jeter Downs/Josiah Gray leading a package.

39 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I think Villar makes a ton of sense in Chicago.

Elias should be motivated to trade Villar.  Salary relief and a DSL player.   

It will take much more to get Givens IMO.  The motivation is much less to trade him or Trey.

10 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

You're not going to sniff either of Gavin Lux or Dustin May and probably not Keibert Ruiz or Will Smith but I could see someone like Tony Gonsolin/Jeter Downs/Josiah Gray leading a package.

I'd take Josiah Gray in a heart beat. He'd slot right in ETA after the group of BOWIE guys but before GRAYROD and DHALL

Archived