2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is Elias' first hard test as a GM. Can he get value for his pieces? Does he hold on to them thinking they will have more value this off season or at next year's trading deadline?

With just a few hours to go, it sure is quiet.

He doesn't really have any guys that he HAS to trade at the deadline.  He could move guys over the winter meetings if the offers just suck.  

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He doesn't really have any guys that he HAS to trade at the deadline.  He could move guys over the winter meetings if the offers just suck.  

Very true. I just find it interesting to see how this goes down or doesn't. 

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

I suppose we could tender Villar a contract and then trade him in the winter. 

Trading Villar would save the team $1.5 million dollars.  Why not trade him now even if you don't get much in return. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hope Elias gives a statement to the media even if nothing happens. Would like to hear his take on what went down at the trade deadline. 

“I had a deal in hand to trade Mancini for a couple top 100 prospects but I couldn’t find Angelos to sign off on it”..... I kid I kid 

Just now, atomic said:

Trading Villar would save the team $1.5 million dollars.  Why not trade him now even if you don't get much in return. 

Because it takes two to tango and no one is trading for infielders so far. Not a ton of spots available for Villar.

Archived