Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. D-RAYS, 7/14)

OFFNY

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I got 30 pages behind yesterday running around between games. What's the consensus on the Cashner trade? Elias got fleeced?

Category A:  Some people are disappointed we couldn't get more.   Or that we didn't at least shop him around more to see if we could have gotten a bit more.  Even realizing there are more starting pitchers out there to be dealt with more value than Cashner, this seems like a pretty low haul.

Category B:  Faith that Elias & Sig wouldn't make a deal unless they got good value so they trust them.

Atomic:   We should be trading FOR guys like Cashner and maybe we can put together a team that can compete for the wild card next year.

I'm mostly in Category A, although I hold out hope that maybe Koby Perez saw something in these guys and they could turn out to be diamonds.    

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Category A:  Some people are disappointed we couldn't get more.   Or that we didn't at least shop him around more to see if we could have gotten a bit more.  Even realizing there are more starting pitchers out there to be dealt with more value than Cashner, this seems like a pretty low haul.

Category B:  Faith that Elias & Sig wouldn't make a deal unless they got good value so they trust them.

Atomic:   We should be trading FOR guys like Cashner and maybe we can put together a team that can compete for the wild card next year.

I'm mostly in Category A, although I hold out hope that maybe Koby Perez saw something in these guys and they could turn out to be diamonds.    

I'm category B. Trust Elias' and Perez's eye.

Archived