Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. D-RAYS, 7/14)

OFFNY

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

So we got two guys who went for $275K and $80-sonmethingK in last year's signing period.

For a pitcher who was somewhat of a comp, the Royals got a guy who was taken 33rd overall in the amateur draft two years ago (and got a $1.8 million bonus).

MLB.com lists Merrell as Oakland's 17th overall prospect.   The two guys we got were not on Boston's top prospect list.   I did read something that one of the guys we got would probably be on the "back half of the top 50" of the next Boston prospect list that comes out.

I still must say I am a bit unimpressed by our haul, just based on the little I can find out.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

So we got two guys who went for $275K and $80-sonmethingK in last year's signing period.

For a pitcher who was somewhat of a comp, the Royals got a guy who was taken 33rd overall in the amateur draft two years ago (and got a $1.8 million bonus).

MLB.com lists Merrell as Oakland's 17th overall prospect.   The two guys we got were not on Boston's top prospect list.   I did read something that one of the guys we got would probably be on the "back half of the top 50" of the next Boston prospect list that comes out.

I still must say I am a bit unimpressed by our haul, just based on the little I can find out.

Dude has got a 285 wOBA (631 OPS) at 23 in AA.  I am not impressed.  I'd rather have two lottery tickets.

Archived