27 McCoy

28 Tate

29 Neustrom

30 Acevedo

Compiled by Meoli

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acevedo being on there is very interesting. I would imagine they didn't have a blurb for every one of the players on the list but I would very much like to read a scouting report on him. I know nothing beyond that he's young and very tall.

24 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Acevedo being on there is very interesting. I would imagine they didn't have a blurb for every one of the players on the list but I would very much like to read a scouting report on him. I know nothing beyond that he's young and very tall.

Only on the Top 10 and none of it is stuff you haven’t seen on OH.

Haven’t seen any recent reports on what Gunner is doing down in Sarasota, but unless he’s tearing it up does he really belong at #7? I know he’s young, but until he starts facing some real pitching up north isn’t his projection simply hopes and prayers? 

Wasn’t Luke-OH planning to come out with a mid-season list?*  I’d love to see that.    

I don’t see how you can justify Knight at 13 at this point.   His results in A+ have been bad and reports on his stuff lukewarm at best.   

* Edit, yes, he did:

I'll roll out my midseason list around July 15th, the signing deadline for drafted players. 

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35089-mlb-draft-primer-the-first-round/page/4/&tab=comments#comment-2474338

Get on the stick, Luke, you’re four days late already!    Inquiring minds want to know!

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wasn’t Luke-OH planning to come out with a mid-season list?    I’d love to see that.    

I don’t see how you can justify Knight at 13 at this point.   His results in A+ have been bad and reports on his stuff lukewarm at best.   

I think Knight being at 13 is really a comment of those below him on the list.

I would have Adam Hall higher.

Lowther ahead on Akins at his point.

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

Can anyone explain why a 16 year old belongs on this list?

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Can anyone explain why a 16 year old belongs on this list?

The Orioles system is below average and Acevedo's frame is very projectable. He also hasn't been completely overwhelmed to start his career.

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

At least I knew who #7 was before the list came out.   

I think most of us know who Acevedo was before the list came out today.  We've been following the DSL pretty closely since Elias has put more (any would have been more!) emphasis on international talent.  I certainly didn't know of him before he signed, but he's gotten plenty of attention here.

Archived