50,000,000th Fan Contest

McNulty

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Red Sox fan will win, the Orioles will have no choice but to give them the prizes, and I will probably shoot up a post office

Please do NOTshoot innocent people:eek:

The Os MUST do something to make sure a true orange and black bleeding O fan wins this!!!!!!!!

I would be really mad if someone else did:angryfire::cussing:

A friend of mine contacted the O's about this and received this response...

"Using our turnstile scanning technology, we will know as soon as the 50 millionth and 100 millionth fans have entered the ballpark. It will be based on turnstile attendance that game, though as you know, MLB attendance is calculated with paid attendance. For example, if we are 10,000 fans shy of the magic number heading into a game, we will know the moment the 10,000th person walks through the gates.

The moment that happens, we will know what gate the fan came in and we will then designate a fan at that moment from that entrance to be the 50 millionth/100 millionth fan. The fan will be immediately notified, and there will be some sort of celebratory moment right then and there (confetti, balloons, etc.)"

Seems pretty obvious to me that if they are going to designate a fan as the 50 millionth, it will most definitely be someone wearing Orange and Black.

On a side note - I looked at the last 3 years attendance and we havent gone over 43k on a weekday game against the Red Sox once. Im guessing it happens on Tuesday. Hopefully in the first 10k so I get a Luke Scott t-shirt too!

Please do shoot innocent people:eek:

The Os MUST do something to make sure a true orange and blakl bleeding O fan wins this!!!!!!!!

I would be really mad if someone else did:angryfire::cussing:

The Pedro Cerrano Committee for Posting Excellence (PCCPE) nominates THIS for most oustanding post of 2008.

I posted this on the O's message board, but there's no way that they'll let an out-of-town fan win this. Absolutely no way; the fix will have to be in. And who knows?...maybe the true 50 millionth fan will be an Oriole fan. We'll have no way of knowing, but there's just no way that anyone would allow that to happen. It's already a running joke around the league that we get a lot of visiting fans at our stadiun, but that would be a tough one to live down. Sports channels in markets across America would be poking fun at us for a long time. We would probably lap Tampa as the biggest haven for Yankee/Red Sox fans. I just don't think it'll happen. If it does though, there should be some sort of response from the fanbase. We all know the routine...the Orioles would argue that Oriole fans should be buying tickets, yada yada yada. But the fact that they wouldn't even have had the decency to protect the fanbase and award the honor to an Oriole fan...

Archived