Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/25)

OFFNY

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Well, that was efficient.

We need to score this inning to avoid having Bleier face Trout (other than by losing the game in the 12th).  

Yeah, plus even if Bleier get's past Trout and company, we'll still only have our 7-9 hitters up next inning.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That's it for me.   Heading off to bed.   I might lie there a bit with the radio on the nightstand tuned to the broadcast until I fall asleep or it ends.   Props to those of you who can persevere...

should be doing what you're doing but.... alas.

Just now, O's84 said:

We did strike out Trout 3 times, just thought it was worth mentioning.  Wonder how many games this season that's happened to him, not many I'd imagine.

He's struck out 3+ times in a game 4 times (including today) this season.  He has never struck out 4 times in a game this season.

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

We did strike out Trout 3 times, just thought it was worth mentioning. I wonder how many games this season that's happened to him, not many I'd imagine.

o

In 22 seasons, Stan Musial struck 3 times in one game only once ........ in his final season in 1963, when he was 42 years-old.

o

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

In 22 seasons, Stan Musial struck 3 times in one game only once ........ in his final season in 1963, when he was 42 years-old.

o

I heard he was a pretty good player. 

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I heard he was a pretty good player. 

I went to three or four Phillie games a year in the late 50s and early 60s, and more of them were against the Cards than any other team. It seemed to me that Musial hit about .800 against the Phils, and that most of his hits were line-drive doubles off the right field wall. 

Archived