Aug 10th v. The Rangers - SUNDAY SWEEP!

scOtt

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sitting Huff/Mora one game in four or five to give a young prospect (who might be very good in his own right) a chance isn't "benching" them.

I see your point Mike, and agree... except you can't sit either much when they're both so locked in. Whether we're in it or not, rebuilding or not, you have to put your best lineup out there.

Sitting Huff/Mora one game in four or five to give a young prospect (who might be very good in his own right) a chance isn't "benching" them.

Mora seems to be refreshed when getting a day off. Maybe once a week. Huff as a DH needs rest less, plus he is younger. I would sit Millar twice a week, Mora one a week, Payton once a week and Scott once a week and that give Montanez more than his fair share of time. IMO Huff protects the top part of the lineup so I would not take him out much.

I see your point Mike, and agree... except you can't sit either much when they're both so locked in. Whether we're in it or not, rebuilding or not, you have to put your best lineup out there.

Millar should get more time off

Mora seems to be refreshed when getting a day off. Maybe once a week. Huff as a DH needs rest less, plus he is younger. I would sit Millar twice a week, Mora one a week, Payton once a week and Scott once a week and that give Montanez more than his fair share of time. IMO Huff protects the top part of the lineup so I would not take him out much.

Sounds like a plan.

Early on yet, I think Waters is still THE guy we want pitching now.

He has thrown a ton of pitches and he is not getting the ball down. We are going to score more but let's not have it get away in an effort to squeeze one more inning.

Are you watching, Trembley?

I agree. The O's need to get this guy 150 or so ab to get a better gauge on what type of player he could turn out to be. I don't care who needs to grab a seat on the pine (i.e Scott, Payton, Mora, Millar, etc...). Does anyone know if he could play CF? I know he started out as a SS and he looks to have decent speed.

At 26 he's not to old that he won't become a quality MLB hitter. Ryan Howard was almost 26 before he reached the bigs, Utley was a rookie at 25, Luke Scott was a rookie until 28.

O's might have a hidden gem on there hands, and the final chip to the OF puzzle. DT - Get this man in the line-up as much as possible!

Archived