Delaware vs. Maryland

Crazysilver03

On the bright side Scott and Meggett both look like studs, the OLine played up to their hype and the defense was good, especially the secondary.

No doubt Scott and Meggett were running with authority. Also have to give Heyward-Bey props considering what he had to deal with getting the ball to him, including that nice one-handed snag.

Also found the player of Barnes, Skinner, and Perez impressive in the secondary from what I saw of the game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only got to see part of the game, but here's what I saw.

Scott and Meggett are going to carry the team, just like Lattimore and Ball, and Allen and Maldenado before them.

The defense looks better, though obviously they were playing Delaware (and they didn't seem to give a particularly large crap on the Blue Hens' TD drive).

There was an awful lot of Steffy-suck, followed by far-too-much Turner-suck. At this point, I'm almost down to "I don't care if Portis knows so little of the playbook, he has to tell Heyward-Bay to run down-field four cars and cut across at the Dumpster" levels. Not good times there.

I know this point isn't a great time to install a new offense, but we can't modify the playbook into some kind of option offense that Portis can run (both meanings)?

I guess we can hope he just gets on the field for more packages against Middle Tennessee State, and can throw the ball some this time.

Just as an aside, anyone check the cut lists for the NFL's final cuts today? Someone could have gone through Gossett Field House with an assault rifle last season and there wouldn't be as many Terp bodies lying around. Ball, Lattimore, Gardiner, Haynos, Kershaw, Crummey, Holloway, Moore (fourth-round pick!), even a couple from years' past like Conrad Bolston.

I only got to see part of the game, but here's what I saw.

Scott and Meggett are going to carry the team, just like Lattimore and Ball, and Allen and Maldenado before them.

The defense looks better, though obviously they were playing Delaware (and they didn't seem to give a particularly large crap on the Blue Hens' TD drive).

There was an awful lot of Steffy-suck, followed by far-too-much Turner-suck. At this point, I'm almost down to "I don't care if Portis knows so little of the playbook, he has to tell Heyward-Bay to run down-field four cars and cut across at the Dumpster" levels. Not good times there.

I know this point isn't a great time to install a new offense, but we can't modify the playbook into some kind of option offense that Portis can run (both meanings)?

I guess we can hope he just gets on the field for more packages against Middle Tennessee State, and can throw the ball some this time.

After being at the game, I agree with everything you said, except the point you made about Turner. He was decent in the few chances he really had. You can't evaluate a QB after only throwing a few passes. Give him a whole game to show what he's got.

Archived