Dillon Tate, Evan Phillips up; Scott optioned, Means to IL

LA2

54 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Wonder who replaces Means in the rotation. Akin's the only guy at AAA. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Orioles get a pitcher they can plug into the rotation in a deadline deal. 

Straily is at Norfolk and has pitched well lately I believe.

They won't make a deadline deal to fill one turn through the rotation in the middle of a 100+ loss season.   They will only deal for guys who have longterm potential.

4 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Watching Tate will be interesting, but I could do without another look at Phillips.

Hidden under that 7.85 ERA are some tantalizing facts, like 27 K in 18.33 IP and only one homer yielded. SSS, for sure, but....

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

25 and in AA. Not expecting much. Kline was even better last year in AA and look at him.  

I’m not “expecting” anything, just interested to get a look at the guy.   I think Kline has potential.    He’s short on experience thanks to his injuries and was rushed a bit.    Tate doesn’t have the injury history, and you’re right that on paper there’s no reason to think he’ll have any more success than Kline.    But, youneverknow.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not “expecting” anything, just interested to get a look at the guy.   I think Kline has potential.    He’s short on experience thanks to his injuries and was rushed a bit.    Tate doesn’t have the injury history, and you’re right that on paper there’s no reason to think he’ll have any more success than Kline.    But, youneverknow.

The stuff is a little better than Kline. Velocity is similar but I prefer Tate's secondaries. 

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He'd be claimed. 

Maybe, but would that be any meaningful loss? He’s been really bad for us over his entire time here. Has he shown anything that suggests we should look past what he has done so far? You have expert eyes, do you think we should keep him?

Archived