Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/27)

OFFNY

Just now, scOtt said:

Well Don Stanhouse was an [expletive deleted]! He had us in trouble, had the [expletive deleted] bases loaded, [expletive deleted] almost every [expletive deleted]  time he went out there. He like ta ruin my health smokin' cigarettes and thank god we got Timmy Stoddard comin' in out da bullpen right now stickin' the bats up their [expletive deleted]s. And that's what it takes.

Earl-Weaver-beer-cigarette-shirtless.jpg

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Say what you want about Givens' overall performance ........ he had to get 4 OUTS that inning, including a Strikeout of Mike Trout.

o

He drives me crazy sometimes, but he has the ability to blow out the best hitters in baseball.  I think he's the kinda of player who would drive Earl Weaver crazy.  Hyde's not going to say anything about Givens like Earl would, but again Earl wouldn't be able to get away with some of the stuff he'd say back in the 70's and 80's if he managed these days.  Irregardless, I'm glad that I got to watch him on our team for 5 years, and if he's traded at the deadline, I wish him the very best.

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The playoff games during the 2012-2016 stretch had me pacing around the room most games. 

After all those years in the desert, I had forgotten how much stress it was to be in contention. EVERY game counted!

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Well Don Stanhouse was an [expletive deleted]! He had us in trouble, had the [expletive deleted] bases loaded, [expletive deleted] almost every [expletive deleted]  time he went out there. He like ta ruin my health smokin' cigarettes and thank god we got Timmy Stoddard comin' in out da bullpen right now stickin' the bats up their [expletive deleted]s. And that's what it takes.

I love the fact that Stanhouse says now that his strategy was to walk batters until he was facing someone he felt he could get out.

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Got away with one. They really screwed up by taking the bat out of Ohtani's hands.

o

The Angels also got away with an extra out that inning, when the umpire failed to call an obvious out-of-the-baseline.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

The Angels also got away with an extra out that inning, when the umpire failed to call an obvious out-of-the-baseline.

o

I'm absolutely floored the umpire missed that, he was standing right in front of it.

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

4 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I'm absolutely floored the umpire missed that, he was standing right in front of it.

o

I saw Robert Parish land a 3-punch combination on Bill Laimbeer literally right in front of the referee in Game 5 of the 1987 Eastern Conference Finals ........ and he didn't even call a foul, let alone eject Parrish from the game.

o

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I love the fact that Stanhouse says now that his strategy was to walk batters until he was facing someone he felt he could get out.

I don't think Givens was saying to himself, "Gotta get that Trout guy to the plate. I know I can handle him." But you never know.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Let's steal this game in these last 2 innings ........ if Steve Wilkerson can go 3-up-3-down to save a game in the 16th inning against a potent offense, then we can push across a run and have our regular bullpen guys hold the fort for a couple of innings 2 days later.

o

o

Done.

Game stolen.

o

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

I saw Robert Parish land a 3-punch combination on Bill Laimbeer literally right in front of the referee in Game 5 of the 1987 Eastern Conference Finals ........ and he didn't even call a foul, let alone eject Parrish from the game.

o

It really is amazing isn't it? I've never personally seen the play (I'm going to youtube right after this post to see it), I was only 3 at the time, but I don't doubt you for a second.

13 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

9 minutes ago, O's84 said:

It really is amazing isn't it? I've never personally seen the play (I'm going to youtube right after this post to see it), I was only 3 at the time, but I don't doubt you for a second.

o

It's harder to find than I would have thought, but I got it.

You can fast-forward to about 45:45-mark on this.

o

36 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

It's harder to find than I would have thought, but I got it.

You can fast-forward to about 45:45-mark on this.

o

UNbelievable. Refs lacked cahones, I guess. Wow.

Archived