ChicagoBird

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per Roch

http://masnsports.com/2008/08/the-lineup-1.html

I just love watching Jay Payton :rolleyes:

Again, Payton is not blocking Montanez.

Scott, Huff, Millar, and Mora are blocking Montanez. We should be benching each of those guys once or twice a week in order to get Montanez 4-5 starts per week.

When you've got 5 guys filling 4 spots, nobdoy sits so much that they should have any problems.

*sigh* It is getting so tiresome reading the same thing on here over and over again. We get it. There is no new information so this is all rehash. :(

For real. Perhaps we should bump the first thread about Montanez coming up here. People can remind themselves how they all *****ed about wanting Reimold up here instead and that Montanez was just on a hot streak and would probably never be anything more than a 4th OF. But now it's an outrage that Trembley's playing him like a 4th OF...well actually he's playing more than that, but whatever. This "Montanez Watch" song and dance is getting old.

I guess Trembley asked his superstar Veteran Presences one would would mind sitting down tonight, and they said no.

I agree ... Trembley should be directed to play him :ohlord:

Trembely isn't even capable of understanding the "Go with the hot bat approach. This might be the time to start my "FIRE TREMBLEY THREAD":rofl:

I am going to explain this slowly for all of you:

Luis Montanez is now taking Jay Payton's role.

Luis Montanez lacks the range to play CF

Luis Montanez is playing the exact role he would be playing in if he makes the team next year.

Jay Payton, last 7 games batting .304 and hitting at a .751 OPS. All while playing a VERY good CF, he is earning his playing time right now.

Trembley is a fool. I mean I who does he think he is? I doubt the organization even watched Montanez play this year. I bet the coaches spit sunflower seeds, shot T-shirts into the stands and helped the ground crew rake the infield. After the game they looked on the internet to see what the players stats were to make out the lineup for the next day.

A player doesn't get better because he changes his address. Your skill set doesn't change. The veteran players who get ripped are all performing pretty well. The only one likely not to be here next year is Millar. Montanez is a guy who would get a look as a 4th outfielder. Him playing more this year doesn't change that. This team has battled their butts off and now you want those same guys to sit for a career minor leaguer. If Montanez plays 4-5 times a week does that mean people want him to play everyday next year?

Archived