Montanez on the bench...again

ChicagoBird

TIRED ACT.

TIRED ACT.

TIREC ACT.

Did you miss the part where he is ADMITTEDLY uncomfortable fielding fly balls in big league parks right now?

Scottie, some people just are not worth the time to reply to. Remember, he's the one who didn't go to a game because Payton was starting. And he ranted about TEAM CHEMISTRY.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TIRED ACT.

TIRED ACT.

TIREC ACT.

Did you miss the part where he is ADMITTEDLY uncomfortable fielding fly balls in big league parks right now?

I'm with you on that Scottie. Get him a start at DH then. Get Millar a day off. Move everyone around. Let's see what we have with this kid.

I'm not freaking out like some, but I just really want to give this guy a legit chance.

I am going to explain this slowly for all of you:

Luis Montanez is now taking Jay Payton's role.

Luis Montanez lacks the range to play CF

Luis Montanez is playing the exact role he would be playing in if he makes the team next year.

Jay Payton, last 7 games batting .304 and hitting at a .751 OPS. All while playing a VERY good CF, he is earning his playing time right now.

Montanez should be put in the line up Period! We need to see if he is a long term answer on this team.

Markakis could be put in CF until Jones returns. That allows you to rotate Scott & Payton & Montanez in RF & LF.

Let me explain it to you s-l-o-w-l-y ... Payton wont be here after this year. Millar wont be either. The Orioles have 0 chance of overtaking Boston, New York, & Tampa. So these games are meaningless in regards to Win & Losses.

Since that is the case on the rebuilding team our ready or near ready kids should get preference by our manager who is acting as if his job is on the line.

I'm with you on that Scottie. Get him a start at DH then. Get Millar a day off. Move everyone around. Let's see what we have with this kid.

I'm not freaking out like some, but I just really want to give this guy a legit chance.

He will get a start at DH. He's got a role with this team. He is getting a legit chance.

A legit chance at what!? Seriously, he is 26 years old and has never performed over AA. He has more AAA ABs than ABs this year and has put up a .248 BA and a career OPS of under 700.

He has a chance of being a fourth outfielder, and that is what they are playing him as. Part of being that guy is going games without playing and still performing.

Lou will get his chances.

He cant play CF, plain and simple.

Im more pissed at the fact Cintron is starting again. He is a butcher out there at SS. His bat isnt that good either, hopefully Castro comes back soon.

I'm sick of seeing this statement. Where's the proof that he's worse than Payton? Payton hasn't looked good in CF either...

He will get a start at DH. He's got a role with this team. He is getting a legit chance.

Just want to make sure he will get a shot. There should be plenty of AB's for him, just don't like seeing him on the bench. That's all.

I'm not calling for DT's head or flipping out, but I think it's reasonable for people to be a bit upset when he doesn't play because we want to see him get a chance.

A legit chance at what!? Seriously, he is 26 years old and has never performed over AA. He has more AAA ABs than ABs this year and has put up a .248 BA and a career OPS of under 700.

He has a chance of being a fourth outfielder, and that is what they are playing him as. Part of being that guy is going games without playing and still performing.

I know what he has done in the past. Do I think this guy is going to be a superstar for us? Of course not. But I think you have to give him a shot to play this year, whne let's be honest, we aren't playing for anything.

Like I said to Scottie, I'm not killing anyone for him not playing tonight. Just want to see the kid play, that's all. It's a disappointment to see the line-up and his name not be in it at this point.

Montanez should be put in the line up Period! We need to see if he is a long term answer on this team.

Markakis could be put in CF until Jones returns. That allows you to rotate Scott & Payton & Montanez in RF & LF.

Let me explain it to you s-l-o-w-l-y ... Payton wont be here after this year. Millar wont be either. The Orioles have 0 chance of overtaking Boston, New York, & Tampa. So these games are meaningless in regards to Win & Losses.

Since that is the case on the rebuilding team our ready or near ready kids should get preference by our manager who is acting as if his job is on the line.

Now read those AAA numbers s-l-o-w-l-y.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/luis-montanez.shtml

We KNOW what we have here. You are HONESTLY advocating moving Nick Markakis out of his comfort zone so we can give a guy who MIGHT BE a FOURTH OUTFIELDER a chance?

A guy who has admitted he is unsure about fielding his position? This is what Luis' role will be next year IF he makes the team.

I'm sick of seeing this statement. Where's the proof that he's worse than Payton? Payton hasn't looked good in CF either...

I want to take back the Frobby quote and cheat on it with this quote to make it the worst quote ever.

Now read those AAA numbers s-l-o-w-l-y.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/luis-montanez.shtml

We KNOW what we have here. You are HONESTLY advocating moving Nick Markakis out of his comfort zone so we can give a guy who MIGHT BE a FOURTH OUTFIELDER a chance?

A guy who has admitted he is unsure about fielding his position? This is what Luis' role will be next year IF he makes the team.

We don't need to move Markakis. Just play Montanez in CF until he shows he can't play there.

I know what he has done in the past. Do I think this guy is going to be a superstar for us? Of course not. But I think you have to give him a shot to play this year, whne let's be honest, we aren't playing for anything.

Like I said to Scottie, I'm not killing anyone for him not playing tonight. Just want to see the kid play, that's all. It's a disappointment to see the line-up and his name not be in it at this point.

But this is his role. If he was an Oriole out of ST next year, this is the role he plays.

If Luis Montanez is an Oriole next year, this is what he would be doing. He is not a starter so why should he be getting starter reps here?

Where's your proof? You don't think he was being looked at everyday by the organization in the minors? You think if he couldn't play CF then that now he can? Payton has played great CF recently. He busted his butt last week in a game that we were getting drilled in.

I want to take back the Frobby quote and cheat on it with this quote to make it the worst quote ever.

Well then show me evidence that Montanez can't play CF and that Payton is a better defender than him there.

I don't see any...

Archived