Nick...killing it in the 2 spot.

Moose Milligan

3-5 tonight, two doubles, a triple and 4 rbi.

This year, batting 2nd in 205 plate appearances (before tonight) he's OPSing at a .983 clip (.424/.559) and batting .341.

Batting 3rd: Batting .268 and OPSing .814 (.380/.434) in 313 plate appearances.

Are we finding out that Nick is going to be a #2 hitter?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year, batting 2nd in 205 plate appearances (before tonight) he's OPSing at a .983 clip (.424/.559) and batting .341.

Maybe Wieters can go third...

But haven't you heard Nick is OVERRATED? :P

Could be that it is just the second half when he always does well.

IMO Markakis is a huge disappointment in that he seems to choke when hitting third having such a drastic and inexplicable dropoff in production. To me, that is just another sign that he is never going to be an elite player. He is most likely destined to be a solid number 2 hitter but nothing close to a prenniel all-star caliber player. I was hoping he could establish himself as a protype three hitter with production in the line of a 290 to 310 BA with 30 plus homers and 120 rbis. Now that would be an elite player and not a just a good number two hitter. Oh well, maybe Jones can eventually fill that bill.

IMO Markakis is a huge disappointment in that he seems to choke when hitting third having such a drastic and inexplicable dropoff in production. To me, that is just another sign that he is never going to be an elite player. He is most likely destined to be a solid number 2 hitter but nothing close to a prenniel all-star caliber player. I was hoping he could establish himself as a protype three hitter with production in the line of a 290 to 310 BA with 30 plus homers and 120 rbis. Now that would be an elite player and not a just a good number two hitter. Oh well, maybe Jones can eventually fill that bill.

lol. You crack me up Old#5Fan. :laughlol:

Tar Baby alert!!!!:old5fan::drek::deadhorse:

Nick is on pace for a 301/400/494 with 24 hr and 99 rbi with stellar defense. I have no complaints. Other than that stretch when it seems like he struck out every at-bat he's been great this year.

I think he'll top 30 homers every so often but he'll sit in the 25-30 range mostly.

He just seems more relaxed there.

There is nothing wrong with him batting 2nd because Jones or Weiters can take that spot.

Nick is a stud.

Tough lost tonight, if Olson can win tomorrow then I have a good feelig about the next too with Guth and Dcab on the mound. This was a tough one to swallow because they came all they way back.

I think its safe to say the Sarfate expirament is done.

I'm sorry, should I start the WVA jokes now? Are you writing off a guy that, who at 24, is on pace for .301, 24 hr, 47 2b, 100 rbi, 110 runs, 14 sb, .400 obp, 100 bb? After hitting .300, 23 hr, 112 rbi, 43 2b, 97 runs, and 18 sb at age 23? He is basically already developed into the type of player you were hoping for minus a few hr and based on his power numbers in the second half over the last two seasons could come close to 30 hr this season.

What kind of power do you think Nick the Stick is going to have at age 27 -32?

As far as being a choker, before tonight he was hitting .309 w/ runners on base and .318 w/ runners in scoring position. I think the reason for the discrepancy has already been stated by others, it's b/c he was batting #3 earlier in the season and thus far has proven to be a much stronger player as the season goes on. Last year as a #3 batter he hit .297 and as a #2 batter he hit .296.

I'm sorry, should I start the WVA jokes now? Are you writing off a guy that, who at 24, is on pace for .301, 24 hr, 47 2b, 100 rbi, 110 runs, 14 sb, .400 obp, 100 bb? After hitting .300, 23 hr, 112 rbi, 43 2b, 97 runs, and 18 sb at age 23? He is basically already developed into the type of player you were hoping for minus a few hr and based on his power numbers in the second half over the last two seasons could come close to 30 hr this season.

What kind of power do you think Nick the Stick is going to have at age 27 -32?

As far as being a choker, before tonight he was hitting .309 w/ runners on base and .318 w/ runners in scoring position. I think the reason for the discrepancy has already been stated by others, it's b/c he was batting #3 earlier in the season and thus far has proven to be a much stronger player as the season goes on. Last year as a #3 batter he hit .297 and as a #2 batter he hit .296.

You're new here.

Just let it go dude. I know it's hard, I know. But just let it go. It's okay, but there's no reasoning with him. It's okay. Just let it go.

Archived