Baltimore and Maryland Sports Fandom

Greg Pappas

I'm curious to learn how many posters here are not only Orioles fans, but also fans of the Ravens and Maryland Terrapins. The Ravens and O's are the only two major pro sports franchises, so I imagine quite a few fans are like me in that they root for the Ravens.  However, I wonder if the number of posters that like another NFL team is more than half of our posters? I imagine the Redskins are well-represented as well. 

I also love the Terps, specifically Men's FB & BB, but imagine there are even more posters that have a different college that they support.  I could be wrong about that... just a hunch. 

Where do you stand? Thanks. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O's, Ravens, Terps and Caps

I graduated from UMD, but I was a big Terps fan before I ever thought I would go to school there.  Was an almost equally big Hoyas fan as a kid, but I have a hard time caring much about college sports anymore.  I used to go to Baltimore Colts games as a kid, then I was a big Redskins fan until the Ravens came to town.  Now I don't care about the Skins -- kind of enjoy them losing in the Dan Snyder era actually.  Try to root for the Nats sometimes, but since I've lived in LA a long time I'm also kind of a Dodgers and now a Rams fan too.  A bit of an LA Kings fan too.

44 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'm curious to learn how many posters here are not only Orioles fans, but also fans of the Ravens and Maryland Terrapins. The Ravens and O's are the only two major pro sports franchises, so I imagine quite a few fans are like me in that they root for the Ravens.  However, I wonder if the number of posters that like another NFL team is more than half of our posters? I imagine the Redskins are well-represented as well. 

I also love the Terps, specifically Men's FB & BB, but imagine there are even more posters that have a different college that they support.  I could be wrong about that... just a hunch. 

Where do you stand? Thanks. 

Os, Ravens (was Colts for years, then boycotted NFL for years), Terps, and Wizards since they were Baltimore Bullets.

I root for the Orioles and the Buffalo Bills.  I'll root for the Ravens in the playoffs if the Bills are out of them.

My college alma mater plays at the Division III level, so I don't have a strong preference for any Division I team.

Archived