Terps 2019 Schedule

Tony-OH

I'm a bit excited about this year's Terps football team and could see them going 6-1 (gotta assume a loss to Penn State) to start the year if all goes well, but a brutal second half of the season could end up putting a damper on a promising season. The Syracuse and Purdue games could be tough as well, but i think we will have a decent rad on where this program is going after this season. If they can get to 7 wins (Howard, Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota) it would be huge. Nebraska could be winnable at home as well.

2019 Football Schedule

AUG 31 (SAT) 12:00 PM / BTN / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK VS HOWARD CAPITAL ONE FIELD AT MARYLAND STADIUM

SEP 7 (SAT) 12:00 PM / ESPN/ESPN2 / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK VS SYRACUSE CAPITAL ONE FIELD AT MARYLAND STADIUM

SEP 14 (SAT) 12:00 PM / CBS SPORTS NETWORK / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK AT TEMPLE PHILADELPHIA, PA

SEP 27 (FRI) 8:00 PM / FS1 / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK VS PENN STATE CAPITAL ONE FIELD AT MARYLAND STADIUM

OCT 5 (SAT) TBA / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK AT RUTGERS PISCATAWAY, N.J.

OCT 12 (SAT) 12:00 PM / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK AT PURDUE WEST LAFAYETTE, IN

OCT 19 (SAT) TBA / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK VS INDIANA CAPITAL ONE FIELD AT MARYLAND STADIUM

OCT 26 (SAT) TBA / ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK AT MINNESOTA MINNEAPOLIS, MN

NOV 2 (SAT) 12:00 PM / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK VS MICHIGAN CAPITAL ONE FIELD AT MARYLAND STADIUM

NOV 9 (SAT) TBA / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK AT OHIO STATE COLUMBUS, OHIO

NOV 23 (SAT) TBA / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK VS NEBRASKA CAPITAL ONE FIELD AT MARYLAND STADIUM

NOV 30 (SAT) TBA / TBA / MARYLAND SPORTS RADIO NETWORK AT MICHIGAN STATE EAST LANSING, MI Copyright © 2019 University

• Upvote 1

Yes, it would be awesome to make a bowl game this year.  The future looks bright... and getting to 6 or 7 wins would go a long way toward setting this program up for success moving forward.  The Maryland football program is a sleeping giant.  If, and it's a huge if, we can keep the majority of the region's players home, we can challenge the top dogs in the B1G and on the national stage.

13 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Yes, it would be awesome to make a bowl game this year.  The future looks bright... and getting to 6 or 7 wins would go a long way toward setting this program up for success moving forward.  The Maryland football program is a sleeping giant.  If, and it's a huge if, we can keep the majority of the regions player's home, we can challenge the top dogs in the B1G and on the national stage.

This is a big if and we'll need the crowds to start getting loud and filled at Byrd Stadium to keep the ones recruited by big three (Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan).

We can only hope.

• Like 1

Syracuse is going to be pretty good this year I think, I see that as a loss. But would be a huge early win. Unfortunately we are slated to play the following ranked teams: Ohio State (5), Michigan (7), Penn State (15),  Michigan State (18), Syracuse (22), and Nebraska (24). Minnesota could be decent too. Going to be tough, but I agree I am intrigued by the team this year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

Syracuse is going to be pretty good this year I think, I see that as a loss. But would be a huge early win. Unfortunately we are slated to play the following ranked teams: Ohio State (5), Michigan (7), Penn State (15),  Michigan State (18), Syracuse (22), and Nebraska (24). Minnesota could be decent too. Going to be tough, but I agree I am intrigued by the team this year. 

Agreed. Syracuse will be very tough, as they are ranked 22nd pre-season by the AP.

16 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Agreed. Syracuse will be very tough, as they are ranked 22nd pre-season by the AP.

I think that game is crucial to the whole year. But who knows how accurate the pre-season polls turn out to be. If we win that game, I could see us going on a nice, exciting run. But a loss there and I think it dramatically reduces attendance, excitement, etc. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2019 at 3:56 PM, scbalt52 said:

The Terps have beaten Texas twice when they were ranked, so I think that's a winnable game. Will it be easy, absolutely not, but I think that game could tell us a lot about the season. Now if we can keep guys from tearing their ACLs that would be nice. 

Gotta wonder if these ACL tears are field/turf or shoe related?

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Terps have beaten Texas twice when they were ranked, so I think that's a winnable game. Will it be easy, absolutely not, but I think that game could tell us a lot about the season. Now if we can keep guys from tearing their ACLs that would be nice. 

Gotta wonder if these ACL tears are field/turf or shoe related?

Oh for sure, I'm not chalking it as an automatic loss just because they're ranked. Just going to be a tough game, but we can do it. Would be a HUGE win and tone setter for the season.

And yeah I've always thought that too. It seems like we deal with it more than usual, so what are we doing that causes this? But maybe just bad luck, who knows.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the game today and the crowd was better than I expected. The attendance was 32761. I don’t know how many no shows were counted in attendance though. The student section was pretty full at the start of the game. It looked like half of them left after the first quarter.