Orioles and Matusz "Closing in on Deal"

bej6789

Sounds Great ... You wonder why this takes so long... With slotting it really doesn't need to.

Also ... I hope its not a major league deal. I think a lot of what led to Lowen's demise was a serious rush job to the Majors. I'm not fool enough toi believe that was the main reason...But i would definatley say it was a contributing factor to the end.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they'll go the AFL route, but he might get some time in Aberdeen.

See, I just feel like he wouldn't be challenged at Aberdeen. Put him at Frederick, give him a couple starts against quality opponents, and, however he does, we'll go from there.

Sounds Great ... You wonder why this takes so long... With slotting it really doesn't need to.

Also ... I hope its not a major league deal. I think a lot of what led to Lowen's demise was a serious rush job to the Majors. I'm not fool enough toi believe that was the main reason...But i would definatley say it was a contributing factor to the end.

The players hate the slotting system, so they won't sign for recommended stuff, they want more.

and taking care of Nick and Brian ... and finding a new home for Ramon
Please add Jeremy to this!! This guy has to be priority 1a or 1b this winter. Somehow a true ACE has fallen into our laps - let's not blow it!!!

A little prospective if you please -

Roberts, free agent after 2009

Markakis, after this year will have 3.00 ML service time, free agent after 2011

Guthrie, after this year will have 2.130 ML service time, free agent after 2012

A little prospective if you please -

Roberts, free agent after 2009

Markakis, after this year will have 3.00 ML service time, free agent after 2011

Guthrie, after this year will have 2.130 ML service time, free agent after 2012

I think that is perspective, but point taken.

However, we saw how Nick was pretty bitter when we just renewed him last year at below market. Rather than deal with that and arbitration years, it'd be in our best interst to give these guys some fair contracts.

Archived