Austin Hays called up

Luke-OH

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Whether how Hays preforms in September effects where he is played on OD 2020.

Please explain to me how you’re going to prove any linkage.    It’s always going to be a combination of things.     But there’s no way that three weeks in September, in which he won’t even be playing full time, is going to outweigh how he’s done this regular season plus what happens in the AFL and next spring.    

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Please explain to me how you’re going to prove any linkage.    It’s always going to be a combination of things.     But there’s no way that three weeks in September, in which he won’t even be playing full time, is going to outweigh how he’s done this regular season plus what happens in the AFL and next spring.    

Can we agree that off Hays minor league play this season he would start next season at AAA?  Especially with Elias not wanting to rush players.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope.  If they think he can hold down center on defense they might keep him for for that.  Like they did with Mullins this year.

I don't agree with that.   That would be rushing Hays.  Elias more likely to place Hays at AAA until he hits well and use a guy like Williams or equal in center to begin 2020.

Now if Hays hits in September the might change.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I don't agree with that.   That would be rushing Hays.  Elias more likely to place Hays at AAA until he hits well and use a guy like Williams or equal in center to begin 2020.

Now if Hays hits in September the might change.

I'm sure you feel that way.

I'm no where near as confident I can guess what Elias is going to do.  I didn't think he'd play service time games with a guy that isn't even a consensus top 50 prospect.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure you feel that way.

I'm no where near as confident I can guess what Elias is going to do.  I didn't think he'd play service time games with a guy that isn't even a consensus top 50 prospect.

In fact, Hays' promotion this September tells me that Elias is not worried about service time with Hays. I could see him starting the season as the CF next year with a good spring. 

Hays slashed .303/.349/.505/.854 over his last 25 games this season at AAA so he was beginning to put up the numbers the team would like to see. 

I'd like to see Hays start everyday down the stretch this September and then go put up some numbers in the AFL. If he does that and puts up good numbers next summer, I don't see any reason why he won't start 2020 as the opening day CFer.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

In fact, Hays' promotion this September tells me that Elias is not worried about service time with Hays. I could see him starting the season as the CF next year with a good spring. 

Hays slashed .303/.349/.505/.854 over his last 25 games this season at AAA so he was beginning to put up the numbers the team would like to see. 

I'd like to see Hays start everyday down the stretch this September and then go put up some numbers in the AFL. If he does that and puts up good numbers next summer, I don't see any reason why he won't start 2020 as the opening day CFer.

Because if he is putting up good numbers next summer, it would already be the 2020 season...