Beat 'Dem Jays (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/18)

OFFNY

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

93% of the Outs that Bundy recorded (14 out of 15) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout. ) O.o

In his last last 3 starts combined, 78% of the Outs that Bundy recorded (40 out of 51) have come via the Groundout and the Strikeout. ) O.o

15 OUTS:)  8 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Flyout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:l.5

H:llll5 )(1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:lllll 1

BB:ll5

SO:ll8

Pitches: ll)105 )(63)Strikes, )42)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))4.89  ))  154.67 IP  (84 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.384  ))  154.67 IP  (214 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).262 ) (158 for 604) 

PITCHES BY INNING

31 ll(15 llStrikes, ll16 lllBalls)

20 l.(10 llStrikes, ll10 lllBalls)

11llll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 llBalls)

21llll(14 lllStrikes, llll71 llBalls)

22llll(16 lllStrikes, llll61 llBalls)

o

OFFNY might be interested in this coincidence. Exactly one year ago, the O's also played the Jays at Camden Yards and Bundy was the O's starter that game as well.

The lineup:

Cedric Mullins CF

Jonathan Villar SS

Adam Jones RF

Trey Mancini 1B

Chris Davis DH

Breyvic Valera 2B

DJ Stewart LF

Steve Wilkerson 3B

Caleb Joseph

And so not as different as one would have thought because Manny and Schoop were already gone by then.

Fry, Hart, and Givens followed after Bundy's 6.67 innings.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Villar breaks the rule of never make the 1st out at 3B, except he’s safe on a poor tag. Then Mancini hits a bloop to right that’s caught but Villar easily beats the throw home.

o

He thinks he's Frank Robinson in Game Six of the 1971 World Series. Frank almost single-handedly won that game by going from 1st base to 3rd base on a single when he had no business doing so, then scoring on a sac-fly on a very shallow fly ball when most would not have tried on a ball that was so short.

I know that you know all of that, but I always think of that sequence whenever I see an Oriole score a run due to overly aggressive (and sometimes questionable) baserunning.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

He thinks that he's Frank Robinson in Game Six of the 1971 World Series. Frank almost single-handedly won that game by going from 1st base to 3rd base on a single when he had no business doing so, then scoring on a sac-fly on a very shallow fly ball when most would not have tried that was so short.

I know that you know all of that, but I always think of that sequence whenever I see an Oriole score a run due to overly aggressive (and sometimes questionable) baserunning.

o

The YouTube clip of that sequence is great, especially the way Boog and Earl react after Frank gets up after scoring the game-ending run. Frank's nonchalance is remarkable and typical of him. He doesn't celebrate, he tries to trudge back to the dugout at an even pace as everyone goes nuts around him. You get the feeling his body is silently saying, "Nothing to celebrate unless we win tomorrow's game."

Archived