Are we witnessing the death of the Orioles?

Todd-O

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm interested to know what you are trying to say?

I'm questioning his opinion of Mahomes' place in the NFL, any attention to NFL coverage would indicate, in my opinion, he's clearly viewed as a top 5 player, and future (now) superstar. TLDR, I agree with your contentions.

11 hours ago, Philip said:

Actually, I think there’s a strong possibility that Oakland will move, although they would stay within their geographical area I think

Moving within the Bay Area to an actual baseball stadium with decent access and transportation options would seem to be a great option.  But then there's territorial rights and the fact that the Giants appear to believe that San Jose belongs to them for all eternity.  

Maybe they can work out a MASN deal where the A's get 75% of the Giants' TV revenues forever.  Or I guess it would be the other way around.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Moving within the Bay Area to an actual baseball stadium with decent access and transportation options would seem to be a great option.  But then there's territorial rights and the fact that the Giants appear to believe that San Jose belongs to them for all eternity.  

Maybe they can work out a MASN deal where the A's get 75% of the Giants' TV revenues forever.  Or I guess it would be the other way around.

Sixty seven. 

7 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah MLB has really gotten a lot of free stadiums from the tax payers.  Memorial stadium wasn’t so bad.  

Memorial Stadium had a lot of good memories, for the Orioles and me, but it was basically a big concrete horseshoe that was clearly designed with football in mind as much as baseball.  More than once I had seats with huge concrete pillars obstructing the view, and/or overhanging upper deck that made flyballs disappear.  The amenities were straight out of 1950.  But luckily I was a kid most of the time I went there so it was great.  I didn't know anything different; there wasn't anything much different in that era.

I would have liked to have seen it in 1950s configuration when the LC-CF-RC "fence" was a hedge 450-some feet away. 

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Memorial Stadium had a lot of good memories, for the Orioles and me, but it was basically a big concrete horseshoe that was clearly designed with football in mind as much as baseball.  More than once I had seats with huge concrete pillars obstructing the view, and/or overhanging upper deck that made flyballs disappear.  The amenities were straight out of 1950.  But luckily I was a kid most of the time I went there so it was great.  I didn't know anything different; there wasn't anything much different in that era.

I would have liked to have seen it in 1950s configuration when the LC-CF-RC "fence" was a hedge 450-some feet away. 

I disliked the old location, getting to it was a nightmare, parking was absolutely dreadful, dont plan on leaving early, or even when the game is over, if the people around you, decided to hang out elsewhere.

To me OPACY was simple, easy to get to, easy parking, and love the stadium