Meoli: Blood/Sig/Elias setting the culture prior to new coaching hires

interloper

Let’s hope the new culture doesn’t include this....

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/astros-agm-brandon-taubman-reportedly-shouted-thank-god-we-got-osuna-at-female-reporters.html

I’m not the PC police but this guy, an MLB AGM!, shouted this at female reporters six times!

Taubman has either got an alcohol or attitude problem but needs to be fired immediately.  Could you get away with this in your workplace?  My employee handbook specifically states that customers, vendors and fellow employees are entitled to courtesy and respect.  Beat reporters are pretty much vendors.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/astros-agm-brandon-taubman-reportedly-shouted-thank-god-we-got-osuna-at-female-reporters.html

I’m not the PC police but this guy, an MLB AGM!, shouted this at female reporters six times!

Taubman has either got an alcohol or attitude problem but needs to be fired immediately.  Could you get away with this in your workplace?  My employee handbook specifically states that customers, vendors and fellow employees are entitled to courtesy and respect.  Beat reporters are pretty much vendors.

Hopefully the Astros are forced to fire this guy and he can quietly take a role with us. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

The whole thing didn't make any sense at all to me until it came out that Taubman had a history of having issues with one of the three female reporters.  What a stupid thing to flex over.  I'm inclined to think his career in baseball is over given the current climate.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The whole thing didn't make any sense at all to me until it came out that Taubman had a history of having issues with one of the three female reporters.  What a stupid thing to flex over.  I'm inclined to think his career in baseball is over given the current climate.

I do too. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hopefully the Astros are forced to fire this guy and he can quietly take a role with us. 

Reports in Boston media where he was apparently on the list of possible new Boston GMs is that he is now “unhireable and a pariah.”   Unfortunate. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Put a cloud over their whole WS appearance. Huge distraction and a pathetic show from both him and the Astros flip floppy statements. He's fired after the season, guaranteed. And if he's not, their culture overall is suspect, despite their winning ways. 

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm inclined to think his career in baseball is over given the c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶  fact that he not only taunted a reporter by saying something remarkably stupid, but he is incapable of showing remorse for it.

Fixed that for you. Climate has nothing to do with it. Sometimes people are just too dumb to have public facing jobs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Thirty years ago the story would have died.

Agree to disagree. Perhaps the level of tolerance toward domestic violence has changed, but even 30 years ago reporters would still stick up for a fellow reporter being mistreated and cause a ruckus when their integrity is called into question and continue to beat the drum when the team repeatedly lies about things that they themselves witnessed. 

Due to the absence of Twitter and so forth the public would be less aware, but there is still a base-line of competence required when dealing with the public, and the Astros PR operation falls below that line.