House is playing right now on ESPN2

33rdst

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
House went 0-2 with a strike out and was not charged with any passed balls or errors for that matter.

Are you watching the game?

It is what it is. I'm no House hater, and I'm certainly no Bako supporter... but House looked clueless for that 4 pitch stretch. There's just no other way to phrase it.

It is what it is. I'm no House hater, and I'm certainly no Bako supporter... but House looked clueless for that 4 pitch stretch. There's just no other way to phrase it.

No I'm looking at the box score. I don't know how "comfortable" he looked out there but I'm a little tired of everyone saying he had 4 or 5 passed balls...

I'll take your word for it that he should have caught all those pitches. That inning alone does not prove to me that he's an awful catcher and that Bako, on balance is better for the team.

Which is the predictable, and AWFUL leap in logic that I can just feel about 20 people making as we speak.

No I'm looking at the box score. I don't know how "comfortable" he looked out there but I'm a little tired of everyone saying he had 4 or 5 passed balls...

Any competent official scorer would have given him 2 passed balls, period. There's no other way to say it. The 3rd was probably a wild pitch - a splitter in the dirt. But House made no attempt to block it, he tried to "ole" it and it went all the way to the backstop.

Just telling you exactly what I saw.

Yeah, House looked pretty decent for the first 2 innings, then his game went down the crapper. I don't know what the official line was, but there was only one pitch that could have even been remotely considered a wild pitch...the others were definitely passed balls.

From the game log:

PCL All-Stars Bottom 3rd

* Pitcher Change: Chris Booker replaces Bryan Bullington.

* Eric Patterson flies out to right fielder Brandon Moss.

* Alex Romero doubles (1) on a ground ball to left fielder Timo Perez.

* With Adam Jones batting, wild pitch by Chris Booker, Alex Romero to 3rd.(passed ball)

* Adam Jones strikes out swinging, catcher J. R. House to pitcher Chris Booker. Adam Jones to 1st.(passed ball)

* With Val Pascucci batting, Adam Jones steals (1) 2nd base.(backwards throw)

* Val Pascucci flies out to center fielder Brandon Watson.

On the 5th Item. If I didn't bold a PB what do you think could have possibly happened there?

Archived