Diffusing Red Sox Fans/Cheers at OPACY

crowmst3k!

I've seen a lot of tickets on sale for that game on stub hub. There's a conspiracy theory on extremeskins.com that teams actually hold back a portion of their seats in order to sell at a higher premium on stub hub. So you think you're buying them from a STH that bought them at face from the team, you're actually buying them from the team and they're marking the price up even more. One way or the other, there are seats available for that game. I'm not paying $100 for a ticket, but I do have a cousin that's a STH and he rarely goes to the games. I'm sure he'll be happy to sell me his seats at face.

I bought my seats for above face on eBay since my # hasn't come up yet on the Ravens wait list. I don't buy the conspiracy theory on extremeskins. The Ravens are sold out completely to season ticket holders other than ~1000 tickets per game that are all sold out within minutes of going on sale to the general public.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought my seats for above face on eBay since my # hasn't come up yet on the Ravens wait list.

I've never been to M & T Bank Stadium, and I've been meaning to get up there for a preseason game for the past few years (I figured that preseason would be cheaper if I'm just trying to see the stadium). But this year since the Skins are playing there it makes sense for me to try to go. I've seen some tickets on ebay as well, but I haven't bought them yet. I've heard nothing but good things about the stadium, so I'm really jacked up for the chance to go.

I think you will be unpleasently surprised that day then. Being so late in the season I have a feeling only one of us will be playing meaningful games;)

If the Steelers and their bandwagon can't fill 20% of Ravens Stadium with Steeler fans, I have a really hard time believing the Redskins will.

Totally false. I've gone into the Redskins garbage stadium for two Ravens games, as a Raven fan, and did as I pleased. And I've been to a Cowboys game at the Redskins garbage stadium and it's almost like a Red Sox game at OPACY.

Just not true.

Maybe you should define "did as you pleased", beacuse I guarrante if you were trying to get a stir out of some skins fans or were being obnoxious, you would not be pleasently received.

There is a big difference between visiting another stadium and not being heckled or assaulted ( b/c you are not instigating that behavior) ; and going into another stadium and acting like a jackass.

I am an Orioles and a Redskins season ticketholder and I would'nt put up with disrespect in either venue. However, I would also not harass an opposing fan just for supporting their team

If the Steelers and their bandwagon can't fill 20% of Ravens Stadium with Steeler fans, I have a really hard time believing the Redskins will.

I have seen the steelers occupy a large chunk of the stadium late in the year...when Ravens ticket holders start trying to make a $$ off of a game b/c they are already out of the playoff hunt.

I agree it would be a different story if the Ravens happen to have a winning record in December....but otherwise I guess we will have to wait and see.

I think you will be unpleasently surprised that day then. Being so late in the season I have a feeling only one of us will be playing meaningful games;)

You must be a Redskins fan... Going into the season with very lofty expectations. Has there ever been a season where you guys didn't think you were going to win it all in August? :D

I have seen the steelers occupy a large chunk of the stadium late in the year...when Ravens ticket holders start trying to make a $$ off of a game b/c they are already out of the playoff hunt.

I agree it would be a different story if the Ravens happen to have a winning record in December....but otherwise I guess we will have to wait and see.

A large chunk is not 20%. Steeler fans havent had a legitimate presence at M&T since Memorial Stadium. 10%-15% max, regardless of circumstances.

I've been to every Steelers/Ravens home game ever.

Ludicrous? We aren't competitive. We are completely out of the playoff race with no hope of getting back in. Only in Baltimore is a below .500 record "competitive."

5 games over after 2 months will do nothing to attendance figures like it did nothing this year. If the O's stick around in the pennant race late into next year you'll see a slight uptick, probably 2.3 to 2.4 million fans. The year following will be the year that you will see much greater attendance gains.

I think you're confusing competitive and contending. We are competitive. At least in my definintion of the term. We don't get blown out and we are almost a .500 team. That in my book is a competitive team. We are NOT a contending team however.

edit: to add on this i feel that a competitive team means that when they show up to the ballpark they have a pretty good shot of winning, which the orioles do. Teams like the Padres have very little chance of winning their games at all and are not, competitive.

A large chunk is not 20%. Steeler fans havent had a legitimate presence at M&T since Memorial Stadium. 10%-15% max, regardless of circumstances.

I've been to every Steelers/Ravens home game ever.

This is not meant as a diss to the Ravens fanbase or the team, I actually have been to alot of Ravens games and root for them. I just feel that there are lot of friendly rivalries within circles of friends, family, work etc.. and that this skins-ravens game is being looked forward to by those skins fans.

I dont doubt that there will be majority of Ravens fans--- but I do think that you will be surprised at the number of skins fans.

You must be a Redskins fan... Going into the season with very lofty expectations. Has there ever been a season where you guys didn't think you were going to win it all in August? :D

I think the same can be said about Ravens fans since 2000 :D

However, in all reality, the skins were a playoff team last year with a back-up QB, and have only improved. While the Ravens, were not very good last year, and their QB problem wont be solved this year either.

I guess it matters which side you fall on. I like the Ravens and I sincerely hope that they finish 15-1, with that loss coming against the Skins. I don't think it's going to happen that way though. That said, the Ravens currently don't have a solid option at quarterback, so it's doubtful that they'll be in a position of signifigance on December 7 (hope I'm wrong). Honestly, if I were Harbaugh, I'd go with one of the young guys, cut Boller, and then either trade for a veteran backup QB, or scan the waiver wire. And I'm not talking about someone that could still be a viable starter in the league that would intimidate the true starter. I mean a guy in his late 30's or early 40's that could step in and finish a game if need be, or even make one or two starts.

Aside from the whole Jack Kent Cooke thing, I can't imagine that the rivalries between the Ravens and the Redskins are built upon much more than friendly geographic rivalries.

I don't mind Skins fans at M&T, as long as nobody is a jerk to anybody. With the Red Sox, it's a matter of jerkiness, bandwagoning, and division rivalry. If 20,000 Cubs fans want to come down, enjoy a game, and can get tickets...be my guest! All that money goes to helping the Orioles get better anyway. But division rivalry makes the entire thing taste that much more bitter.

I just think it's funny how transparent Red Sox fans are. They don't realize that everybody knows that they're only here because they won the WS last year. Then they wonder why people get hostile...

Aside from the whole Jack Kent Cooke thing, I can't imagine that the rivalries between the Ravens and the Redskins are built upon much more than friendly geographic rivalries.

I don't mind Skins fans at M&T, as long as nobody is a jerk to anybody. With the Red Sox, it's a matter of jerkiness, bandwagoning, and division rivalry. If 20,000 Cubs fans want to come down, enjoy a game, and can get tickets...be my guest! All that money goes to helping the Orioles get better anyway. But division rivalry makes the entire thing taste that much more bitter.

I just think it's funny how transparent Red Sox fans are. They don't realize that everybody knows that they're only here because they won the WS last year. Then they wonder why people get hostile...

It's not just a division rivalry thing, it also has to do with decorum. Have you noticed in the last few years that while the Yankee fans still come in droves, it's moreso the Sox fans we're talking about? Most Yankee fans I've dealt with are "fans of the game." I've seen Yankee fans at the Oriole team store buying Oriole merchandise to commemorate their trip to Camden Yards. I also saw a guy from Boston complaining to the manager that they didn't sell enough Red Sox merchandise. (The fact that they sell Sox hats at all in there is shameful, but that's another story...) The guy said that he didn't drive all the way here from Boston to buy "Oriole trash," and finally the manager told him if he didn't like it he should get in his car and drive back to Boston. I was standing by the door to Eutaw St at the time, and when he stormed out I opened the door and told him not to let it hit him on the way out. He flipped me off, and I told him to go fcuk himself. All the other O's fans in the store laughed. I've also seen Sox fans in the bathroom peeing in Oriole hats. I firmly believe that when you see your team play on the road at someone else's ballpark, you have the right to cheer them on, but you darn well better respect their fans, their team, and their stadium. Instead, these Boston fans jeer and boo our team, and disrespect our fanbase and stadium. Speaking for myself, it's the kind of people that I described above that's made me hate the Red Sox.

Haha. Yeah aside from that...

That's a pretty good sticking point for Baltimore's hatred for the 'Skins. The fact that the Skins were shoved down our throats for so long when none of us wanted anything do with them makes me think Baltimore will be up for this game as much as any other game this year, including the Steelers.

Archived