Means AL ROY Finalist

Can_of_corn

48 minutes ago, atomic said:

Hockey has both an MVP award and a best player award along with award for leading goal scorer. If you want to think Trout was anyway the most valuable player in the majors I don’t know what I can tell you.  But people on here want to trade any decent player we have as in their words there is no difference between 50 wins and 70 wins. 

Anyway they should just create another award. Call it the Trout award and give it to  the player with the most WAR.  

Or they could just clarify with this statement: "The only reason anybody thinks valuable doesn't mean best player is they want more clicks and eyeballs on their article*. Vote for the best player.  The end."

* or their messageboard post.

8 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

Take Lopez off the Orioles and they're a 100-110 loss team, take Hinske off the Blue Jays and they're still a 70 something win team.

Rodrigo was awesome, but the 2002 Orioles had John Stephens.  Stephens only got 11 starts because of a horrible and totally unwarranted prejudice against pitchers with 82 mph fastballs.  Sure, he had a 6.09 ERA in those 11 starts, but after he got his feet on the ground and established and was wowing the league with that 56 mph eephus curve he would have been in the running for ROY.  The Orioles would have still won roughly 67 games.

17 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Zach/k Britton has the 2nd-highest career OPS+ of any player in history (min 8 PAs).

I love that he put up one of the best seasons of any reliever, but he father always shows people video of him hitting a home run. ?

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not really surprised about Álvarez, but I’d really like to know the logic of the fools who left Means off their ballots entirely? I just can’t understand why anybody would I think he was unworthy of consideration at all

They need to extend voting to 5 places instead of 3. Allows for better recognition of all players. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

They need to extend voting to 5 places instead of 3. Allows for better recognition of all players. 

Meh.   Three is plenty.   As it is, 8 different players got votes.    Means was a very solid second.   Congrats to him.   

I find it ironic that the two top rookies we’ve had in recent years were never top 100 prospects, or even close, and neither was a top draft pick either (7th round for Means, 8th for Mancini).   But Means was certainly the bigger surprise of the two.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Meh.   Three is plenty.   As it is, 8 different players got votes.    Means was a very solid second.   Congrats to him.   

I find it ironic that the two top rookies we’ve had in recent years were never top 100 prospects, or even close, and neither was a top draft pick either (7th round for Means, 8th for Mancini).   But Means was certainly the bigger surprise of the two.   

I am trying to figure out how Alyson Footer thought Vlad deserved a second place vote.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I’m not really surprised about Álvarez, but I’d really like to know the logic of the fools who left Means off their ballots entirely? I just can’t understand why anybody would I think he was unworthy of consideration at all

Probably folks that looked at his FIP and figured he was more lucky than good.

I think he finished in the right spot.