Dubroff: Where to start

weams

Most of his projections are uncontroversial.    I’d be disappointed if Henderson (who he fudged on) was held back from full season ball, so I’m hoping Delmarva for him.    My only comment on the pitchers slated for Norfolk is that I think Elias isn’t going to want to rush any of them to the majors, and yet he’s going to need 2-3 warm body starters available to shuttle up and down, which I don’t think he’ll want to do with these prospects.   So, even though I think all of Lowther, Kremer, Baumann and Wells are deserving of promotion, a couple of guys may get held back at Bowie while he stashes a couple of AAAA guys in Norfolk.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Most of his projections are uncontroversial.    I’d be disappointed if Henderson (who he fudged on) was held back from full season ball, so I’m hoping Delmarva for him.    My only comment on the pitchers slated for Norfolk is that I think Elias isn’t going to want to rush any of them to the majors, and yet he’s going to need 2-3 warm body starters available to shuttle up and down, which I don’t think he’ll want to do with these prospects.   So, even though I think all of Lowther, Kremer, Baumann and Wells are deserving of promotion, a couple of guys may get held back at Bowie while he stashes a couple of AAAA guys in Norfolk.    

I don't get why he put Mountcastle after the top 10 and of course I am disappointed he didn't even broach the subject of service time manipulation.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get why he put Mountcastle after the top 10 and of course I am disappointed he didn't even broach the subject of service time manipulation.

I wouldn’t expect that kind of discussion in an article like this.  

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Or you could have the four A guys in Bowie. Quicker shuttle anyway. I don’t see any value in keeping a prospect at a level he has already mastered.

Kremer has already been promoted to Norfolk and I can’t imagine Lowther and Wells not joining him. Baumann is the guy they could hold back due to lack of innings there in 2019 although he’s probably ready for Norfolk too. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Not unheard to run the bowie shuttle for starting pitching either.