Consolidated thought.

Satyr3206

32 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I totally disagree with the Villar decision and trading Bundy. Now I know it's all about the money. Basically they are telling the players it doesn't matter how you perform, we don't want to pay you. Sad, even during a rebuild.

Oh stop with the waterworks. He’s a millionaire professional with an agent working in the same system of compensation that has existed for years. He’ll work out a deal with the O’s at the salary they both come to terms with or he becomes a free agent and these bizarre MLB market forces-that-be pay him whatever he can scrounge up. If you think he’s an amazing player there’s room for amazing players on all 30 teams. 

This isn’t some blindside lay-off of a widget packer at Christmas and Tiny Tim Villar will go hungry for another day. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Oh stop with the waterworks. He’s a millionaire professional with an agent working in the same system of compensation that has existed for years. He’ll work out a deal with the O’s at the salary they both come to terms with or he becomes a free agent and these bizarre MLB market forces-that-be pay him whatever he can scrounge up. If you think he’s an amazing player there’s room for amazing players on all 30 teams. 

This isn’t some blindside lay-off of a widget packer at Christmas and Tiny Tim Villar will go hungry for another day. 

I disagree with the decision. Please don't insult me again. As an old Marine I don't cry about anything. Including you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I dont care that Villar likely isnt getting $10 million in arbitration. I think the Orioles should've done a 2-3 year extension in the $6.5-7.5 million per range. I think he wouldve taken it last offseason, Thus making it easier to get value for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I dont care that Villar likely isnt getting $10 million in arbitration. I think the Orioles should've done a 2-3 year extension in the $6.5-7.5 million per range. I think he wouldve taken it last offseason, Thus making it easier to get value for him

I don't think teams covet Villar.  I see no evidence that any team has been interested in obtaining his services in the last few years.  The Brewers dumped him and the O's can't dump him.

I don't think adding on two more years of obligation is going to change that.

Let's revisit this when he hits the FA market.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think teams covet Villar.  I see no evidence that any team has been interested in obtaining his services in the last few years.  The Brewers dumped him and the O's can't dump him.

I don't think adding on two more years of obligation is going to change that.

Let's revisit this when he hits the FA market.

The Brewers traded him in a deal for Schoop. A move that they believed upgraded their team for the playoffs.

The Orioles DFA'd him in the offseason to avoid paying him a $3 million raise. Thats all it costs them net!

I won't believe that you are not smart enough to see the difference as I believe you are a knowledgeable poster!