Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You have to compare Bundy to how the rest of the league pitched in 2019 and by that measure he was a league average starter with a 99 ERA+.  A 21 point improvement over Bundy's 2018 season. 

And he's cheap in comparison. Lots of teams might like that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's why I think Bundy might generate enough of a return that Elias will trade him. I understand it's for the best, but it would suck to see Bundy go. 

It depends on the return. If they can get a good return, then go for it. If not, keeping him doesn't hurt. Like we could deal him at the deadline if he puts up his 2nd half numbers. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's why I think Bundy might generate enough of a return that Elias will trade him. I understand it's for the best, but it would suck to see Bundy go. 

The best chance to sell Bundy for a good return is when the acquiring team gets him for two pennant runs.   That probably means he goes before August 1st.    

5 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

It depends on the return. If they can get a good return, then go for it. If not, keeping him doesn't hurt. Like we could deal him at the deadline if he puts up his 2nd half numbers. 

Agreed, I doubt Elias trades Bundy just to get some prospects. Elias knows Bundy has value as a pitcher who will be on the mound every 5 days and besides Means there really aren't any other established starters for 2020.  I know Cobb is around, but he needs to stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Agreed, I doubt Elias trades Bundy just to get some prospects. Elias knows Bundy has value as a pitcher who will be on the mound every 5 days and besides Means there really aren't any other established starters for 2020.  I know Cobb is around, but he needs to stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. 

Exactly. Does keeping him outweight being without him? 

2 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Ooooh....I am hoping for the Brewers to reallocate Urias to replace Davies in their rotation with Bundy as principal.  

You can hope all you want, but that doesn't make any sense. Bundy isn't an upgrade over Davies. Also, I seriously doubt we get a prospect we've heard of for Bundy. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You can hope all you want, but that doesn't make any sense. Bundy isn't an upgrade over Davies. Also, I seriously doubt we get a prospect we've heard of for Bundy. 

Brewers system is weak, which means either you get a quantity deal or an overpayment. Eduardo Garica and Aaron Ashby come to mind as guys who could headline a deal coming our way if we take the former, but the latter would be just Brice Turang or just Zach Brown

2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Brewers system is weak, which means either you get a quantity deal or an overpayment. Eduardo Garica and Aaron Ashby come to mind as guys who could headline a deal coming our way if we take the former, but the latter would be just Brice Turang or just Zach Brown

Zach Brown couldn't be any more than a throw-in, as he is eligible to be picked in the Rule 5 draft and can't be added to the 40-man roster beforehand.

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

You're missing my point. Why would they trade Davies for Urias then immediately flip him for a slightly worse pitcher. It just doesn't make sense.