Calling Elias incompetent is unfair

wildcard

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really hate it when a poster dismisses another poster’s opinion based on how many posts that poster has made.    It discourages those who lurk and rarely post from posting at all.   I’m thoroughly against that.    

We disagree a lot lately!

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really hate it when a poster dismisses another poster’s opinion based on how many posts that poster has made.    It discourages those who lurk and rarely post from posting at all.   I’m thoroughly against that.    

Also the opposite when a poster gets attacked for a high volume of posts.

That's mostly because it is generally me being attacked in such a fashion.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Would you agree you've created your own island and don't show a need for help?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or lurks ...Judging other posters with negative rep and adds no contribution to the thread. I got hit twice each by 2 guys in this thread (who knows it could be the same guy). One rarely posts but hands out negative rep regularly and the other last 15 activities in his profile are rep assigning and hasn't posted since August 9th.

I don't guess it matters when you get 60 positive reps per week!

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Or lurks ...Judging other posters with negative rep and adds no contribution to the thread. I got hit twice each by 2 guys in this thread (who knows it could be the same guy). One rarely posts but hands out negative rep regularly and the other last 15 activities in his profile are rep assigning and hasn't posted since August 9th.

I don't guess it matters when you get 60 positive reps per week!

I have a couple posters on /ignore that neg rep me.  I'm not certain that should be a thing.  But I've started posting a bit on Reddit and it does wonders for building up thick skin for downvotes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure what you mean by that.

I was just remarking that attacking a poster for a high or low volume of posts isn't something I'm in favor of.

Just trying to make a joke. You don't strike me as someone with tender feelings.

No harm intended. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't want to spend 5M for it.

I wouldn't either but I think its a better bet than getting nothing. Plus the $5 million doesn't impact their ability to be able to do anything else. And as has been discussed in great length they won't spend it later.

So I think it is indeed worth the risk!

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I wouldn't either but I think its a better bet than getting nothing. Plus the $5 million doesn't impact their ability to be able to do anything else. And as has been discussed in great length they won't spend it later.

So I think it is indeed worth the risk!

It bothers me since I feel it's a poor process.

• Upvote 1