Ok, if we’re going to be bad, then...

HowAboutThat

23 minutes ago, atomic said:

What if it doesn't work out?  Are you going to make excuses for the reason it didn't work out?  Three losing seasons I can handle.  Three season where there is zero reason to watch the games is the issue. 

I'm the one complaining about the price of my season tickets, remember?  So no, if it doesn't work out there will be no excuses given from me.  

BUT...right now, he is doing EXACTLY what he said he was going to do, so how can he be criticized for following his plan to a T?  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I'm the one complaining about the price of my season tickets, remember?  So no, if it doesn't work out there will be no excuses given from me.  

BUT...right now, he is doing EXACTLY what he said he was going to do, so how can he be criticized for following his plan to a T?  

I can't criticize someone for following a bad plan that they came up with? 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I guess you can do whatever you want.  

But just because you say its a bad plan, we won't know that for 2-3 more years. 

Which takes us full circle in my original question...if it works will you be happy?

50 minutes ago, atomic said:

You're free to do as you see fit.  But you're going to be the crazy uncle sitting in the corner at Thanksgiving complaining about everything and explaining how if he were in charge it would all be awesome.  We get it, life sucks and everyone else is kind of dumb, and nobody can understand why they're not following your plan to glory.  And we'll hear about it every single stinking day until they hoist a trophy.  But then you'll complain that it took seven years instead of like two or three because of their stupid plan.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You're free to do as you see fit.  But you're going to be the crazy uncle sitting in the corner at Thanksgiving complaining about everything and explaining how if he were in charge it would all be awesome.  We get it, life sucks and everyone else is kind of dumb, and nobody can understand why they're not following your plan to glory.  And we'll hear about it every single stinking day until they hoist a trophy.  But then you'll complain that it took seven years instead of like two or three because of their stupid plan.

Maybe your the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving and just don’t realize it. I tell you what if they  70 games  this year I won’t complain about the plan.

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

I guess you can do whatever you want.  

But just because you say its a bad plan, we won't know that for 2-3 more years. 

Which takes us full circle in my original question...if it works will you be happy?

If they win less than 60 games the next two years I probably won’t be around if they start getting better.

8 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'd rather watch this than giving Colby Rasmus millions and watch him quit one month into the season.  At least I know what to expect with this team.  Root for the young bats next year, and we'll have the young arms to join them in 2021.  

Not sure I will be there.  If they charge full price, I expect to see Major League baseball players.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I am a crazy uncle at Thanksgiving, just not that one.

“You see home plate was once round, like this pie plate here, before 1900. Which reminds me of ol’ Boileryard Clarke, who managed to play catcher for the Baltimore Orioles quite a bit during the 1890s despite not really hitting a lick. Well there was this time that he lost a bet with John McGraw over a game of cards and...”

”Uncle Drungo, can I just have my pie now?”

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

This season I found the ushers to be more hospitable and accommodating than usual, and I'd like to see that continue. There were two occasions where an usher offered us a seat upgrade rather than our usual spot. That was unexpected, and very welcomed! Another time we complained about some rowdy fans behind us, and we were upgraded. Things like this definitely make the ballpark experience better in times like these.