The Penultimate Landmark has arrived!

HowAboutThat

When the off-season starts, I divide the time into sections, each with a singnature event. As each one arrives, the Happy Day gets closer.

End of Season comes and then:

non-tender deadline

Rule V draft

new years day(******TODAY!******)

Super Bowl

And after the Super Bowl, only x days till pitchers & catchers report! And that final countdown is the longest.

So here we are!

January 1!

January 10, 2020 is the exchange of Salary Arbitration Figures.  This is when players and teams figure out how far apart they are in salaries.  The interest in this time period is that used to get those eligible for Arbitration under contract without going to a hearing.  This also allows clubsto know what their budget may be able to take on as far as free gents or trades.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bobmc said:

Shocked that it took 3 hours for you to achieve the W!  Now what do you do?  Rest on your laurels or inform?  It's up to you!

I have NEVER understood the desire to folks to jump into a conversation in social media and with only one word. Silly nonsense that thankfully normally doesn't occur in OH.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I have NEVER understood the desire to folks to jump into a conversation in social media and with only one word.

I have to admit, that in moments of snarkiness, when someone posts a silly question in the form of "Should the Orioles" do this or acquire that, I may have posted a simple one word answer - "No."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I have to admit, that in moments of snarkiness, when someone posts a silly question in the form of "Should the Orioles" do this or acquire that, I may have posted a simple one word answer - "No."

I agree, I was only thinking of people who jump with "first" that contributes nothing to the discussion.

8 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I agree, I was only thinking of people who jump with "first" that contributes nothing to the discussion.

He was obviously joking.  @Tony-OH had made comments about the folks who do that on Roch's blog and @Pushmonkey was just parodying that.  Nothing to see here but enjoy the humor Rick!   I was teasing with my questions.   ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I frequently answer the single word “no.” Someone asks if I would like to do a thing, and I gave them my answer. No need for more.