The Penultimate Landmark has arrived!

HowAboutThat

11 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I have NEVER understood the desire to folks to jump into a conversation in social media and with only one word. Silly nonsense that thankfully normally doesn't occur in OH.

Could you imagine if people said, "First!" in actual everyday conversation. What a crappy world that would be.

12 hours ago, bobmc said:

He was obviously joking.  @Tony-OH had made comments about the folks who do that on Roch's blog and @Pushmonkey was just parodying that.  Nothing to see here but enjoy the humor Rick!   I was teasing with my questions.   ?

12 hours ago, Pushmonkey said:

Thank you! This was the exact point of my post. 

Obviously it went right over my head.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Pitchers and catchers report one month from today!

Yes they do! However, it is not yet the Super Bowl, so we can’t start the countdown yet… That’s the last landmark.

Besides, if I understand correctly, the ravens are a good team this year and they have not yet folded their tents, so there’s something of interest in the football world for the Baltimore folks.

One month from today? February 11? Boy that’s early.

Edited by Philip
Addendum

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, Philip said:

When the off-season starts, I divide the time into sections, each with a singnature event. As each one arrives, the Happy Day gets closer.

End of Season comes and then:

non-tender deadline

Rule V draft

new years day(******TODAY!******)

Super Bowl

And after the Super Bowl, only x days till pitchers & catchers report! And that final countdown is the longest.

So here we are!

January 1!

So are we allowed to start counting now?   Eight days until pitchers and catchers report, nine until the first workout.   

• Upvote 1

Spring!

I swear, day before yesterday my wife and I were walking through the neighborhood and the Bradford Pear trees had already started budding. On February 1.

(Texas has its virtues!)

It’s not the Calendar, folks! It’s when the trees wake up and the gloves get pulled out of the closet!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Another milestone: this is the last weekend without Orioles baseball until October.

I type this from my mother's place where it is 15 degrees.  It was 0 when I took her to the bank at 9am, and -10 overnight 

I was telling my wife in the car that we’re going to have baseball next week, and she mumbled, “stupid baseball“

AND YET I PERSIST!

?