Austin Brice

wildcard

Has been DFA'd by the Marlins,  He is 27 years old.

Elias claimed him on waiver from the Angels last off season - Jan 4th.    He lost him on waivers to the Marlins on Feb 4th.    

As a reliever he had a 3.43 ERA,  44.2 IP, 37 H,  46 SO,  1.251 WHIP with the Marlins.

A forearm issue sent him the IL on August 8th

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/marlins-announce-corey-dickerson-signing-designate-austin-brice.html

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/briceau01.shtml

Do you think Elias will claim him again?

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

If you arent healthy, then you can throw the ball.

No argument there, but Mike is Seeking hidden value. He won’t touch the guy unless he thinks that he can get past the injury concerns.

The Marlins are a very badly run team, and it is possible they missed some possibilities that we will see. On the other hand, they are also a terrible team, so he would have to be pretty bad for them to dump him.

We shall see… I am just really grateful that we seem to be past the days of letting Mike Wright Hang around for years and years.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

No argument there, but Mike is Seeking hidden value. He won’t touch the guy unless he thinks that he can get past the injury concerns.

The Marlins are a very badly run team, and it is possible they missed some possibilities that we will see. On the other hand, they are also a terrible team, so he would have to be pretty bad for them to dump him.

We shall see… I am just really grateful that we seem to be past the days of letting Mike Wright Hang around for years and years.

Minor league deal with ST invite, shouldnt be too costly, just remains to be seen,  another blunder by the Marlins, or just another guy who stays hurt.

5 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

I was wondering why a foreman would have any affect on placement...

After all the injury comments, I'm assuming it's forearm, as that would make more sense. 

Well, as previously noted, wildcard has gone all-in on voice-to-text. Sucks, but explains it.

Doesn't explain your choice of the verb, "affect," instead of the needed noun, "effect," in your sentence, however.

?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Well, as previously noted, wildcard has gone all-in on voice-to-text. Sucks, but explains it.

Doesn't explain your choice of the verb, "affect," instead of the needed noun, "effect," in your sentence, however.

?

edited, just so you can dry your eyes.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I like it. 9+ K/9 with decent walk rate. If he is hurt, he can always go on the DL and open up a roster spot.

But we have to keep him on our 40 man until opening day. You can’t be on the DL in the offseason. If healthy he’s a no brainer claim, but I’m guessing he’s not.