I think the other shoe is falling (Guthrie)

bgfield

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His last start was a lot worse than the numbers indicated.

Is it just me, or do you always find something to nitpick about? Guthrie deserves to win some of these games because he was great early on in the season and got no run support and took a couple of tough losses as a result. So I'm fine with him not pitching spectacular and still getting the win.

Is it just me, or do you always find something to nitpick about? Guthrie deserves to win some of these games because he was great early on in the season and got no run support and took a couple of tough losses as a result. So I'm fine with him not pitching spectacular and still getting the win.

It's not just you. Bedard's arm is going to fall off from all the curve balls he has been throwing.;)

It's not just you. Bedard's arm is going to fall off from all the curve balls he has been throwing.;)

If you don't think this is a POSSIBLE issue, you are crazy.

Bedard has NEVER thrown the amount of curve balls he has this year. It is just something to think about.

However, i see you are running with it as if i said it will definitely happen. :rolleyes:

Numbers don't lie. My Dad always said when we were playing golf it's not how it is how many. He got the job done.

Yea he did...But just as 7 IP/5 ER start can look a lot better than the numbers show, a 6 IP/2 ER start can look worse than the numbers show.

Unfortunately, we need Guthrie to win about 3 Cy Youngs before we can even hope for that.

The first three are easy to get. When he gets to double digits come find me. Besides his BAIPS%&BBQFTW average is among the worst in the AL over the last 6 lunar cycles!

SELL HIGH!

Which post? You seem to be looking for any possible reason to doubt Guts' success simply because you called out how bad the signing was when it first occurred.

The post where GEsch said(sorry may not be this thread) that he needs to finish up this year good AND next year.

That is when i will say i was wrong about him.

We have seen plenty of one year wonders around here...I need to see more than 1 season and for the rest of you to not want to see that before annoiting him is mind boggling to me.

However, as i have said all year, i would like to see him take the "luck factor" out of his stats and that is happening AND he is performing well enough to definitely be a ML starter.

I am encouraged by that.

The post where GEsch said(sorry may not be this thread) that he needs to finish up this year good AND next year.

That is when i will say i was wrong about him.

Yeah, but what if he's a one year wonder? Is he still a "horrible signing"? It's not like he's costing us an arm and a leg.

He's going through the league for a 2nd time now and the scouting reports are out...I'm sorry if I don't believe in the "luck" thing that you keep flaunting with the numbers. I see a pitcher with great stuff and who doesn't get hit hard.

Archived