The forgotten man of the 2019 Orioles

interloper

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Man, I did not remember it being that many. 

I remember how many strikeouts there were, although it felt nice to have a real centerfielder out there. Broxton K'd 104 times in 204 ABs with three teams in 2019. When he and Davis were in the lineup together....

The real forgotten(underrated) man is Pedro Severino.

Also, people on here dismiss Smith Jr. too easily. I think the coaching staff likes Smith Jr., he was inserted right back into the lineup once healthy, and I think he’s our OD LF. Like it or not. Maybe a platoon with Mason Williams. Smith Jr. is also a sleeper to lead off. 

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The real forgotten(underrated) man is Pedro Severino.

Also, people on here dismiss Smith Jr. too easily. I think the coaching staff likes Smith Jr., he was inserted right back into the lineup once healthy, and I think he’s our OD LF. Like it or not. Maybe a platoon with Mason Williams. Smith Jr. is also a sleeper to lead off. 

OBP under .300 and 33rd percentile sprint speed. I really hope we have better options to lead off.

17 hours ago, interloper said:

But wait - he didn't come in until a full month after Mullins was optioned. So who the heck played CF for most of May? Joey Rickard, of course. Who I might have forgotten about EVEN MORE than Keon Broxton. 

Wilkerson did start 17 of 18 games from May 3rd to 23rd until they got Broxton. Rickard started the first 10 games in the end of April after Mullins was done and then Wilkerson took over for some reason, with Rickard moving to the corners when he played. 

4 hours ago, makoman said:

OBP under .300 and 33rd percentile sprint speed. I really hope we have better options to lead off. 

Alberto will lead off vs LHP.  Smith Jr. had a .737 OPS against RHP last year.  Smith Jr. also protects against putting too much pressure on Hays.  He also has a good track record of OBP in the minors, and his previous SSS in the MLB.  

I think it's pretty likely that Smith Jr. will hit leadoff, and play a lot of LF early on.  Maybe longer than anyone else would like.  I think the coaching staff likes him.