Sig talks analytics and player development

Frobby

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I suspect that by 2024 there will be a new GM and you will be praising that man or woman or whomever is the GM and you will forget all about the time you argued with me about Elias.  

Hope.  You hope Elias will have been fired.  And replaced with someone who puts much more emphasis on short-term endorphin hits.

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hope.  You hope Elias will have been fired.  And replaced with someone who puts much more emphasis on short-term endorphin hits.

I hope whomever is hired after Elias thinks about both short-term and long-term results.  And doesn't make excuses about why he can't be competitive for 5 years.  

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

LOL. Now you are telling me to root for another team because I don't believe in the way the team is being run.  Did you find a new team when all the previous GM's you thought were mismanaging the team?  

No, I criticized when I felt they were taking the wrong turn, and praised when I thought they were doing things right.  I never thought they were 180 degrees out from everything I ever believed in.  You are currently rooting for a team that you believe is perpetuating a massive fraud on the entire Oriole fanbase and the city of Baltimore.  If I believed that I'd find something better to do with my time.

9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

No, I criticized when I felt they were taking the wrong turn, and praised when I thought they were doing things right.  I never thought they were 180 degrees out from everything I ever believed in.  You are currently rooting for a team that you believe is perpetuating a massive fraud on the entire Oriole fanbase and the city of Baltimore.  If I believed that I'd find something better to do with my time.

Really you don't need to tell other people what to do with their time.  It is my time and if I feel like wasting it following the Orioles in the end it is my time. 

Shoot I followed the Frank Kush tenure with the Colts.  So I saw this play out before.  

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your argument here is almost incoherent.   Many Orioles players showed improvement last year, and the team won 7 more games than it did the year before despite the fact that almost all its good players had been traded away the previous summer.   The minor league teams also performed much better, and there were many minor league players who improved significantly.     None of that is inconsistent with the thought that wins at the major league level are not the priority right now.    

Pretty coherent:

These guys are so smart that they can make players great.

A lot of guys they had developed in AAA last year will be with the Orioles

The team should be able to win 70 games next season with such greatness around them and two other teams in the division tanking.

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I hope whomever is hired after Elias thinks about both short-term and long-term results.  And doesn't make excuses about why he can't be competitive for 5 years.  

Plans <> Excuses.  And nobody ever said five years.  Just that rebuilding a 47-win team with gaping holes in infrastructure might take a bit of time.

Just now, atomic said:

Pretty coherent:

A lot of guys they had developed in AAA last year will be with the Orioles

The team should be able to win 70 games next season with such greatness around them and two other teams in the division tanking.

Your posts aren't just bad, they're boring. 

• Downvote 1

Really you don't need to tell other people what to do with their time.  It is my time and if I feel like wasting it following the Orioles in the end it is my time. 

Shoot I followed the Frank Kush tenure with the Colts.  So I saw this play out before.  

Oriole fans, the kind who actually enjoy the process of building a good organization, aren't really into you spreading hate and discontent all over every thread.

You said in June that the 2019 Orioles were probably going to set an all time record for worst winning percentage in Major League history.  Perhaps you were spot-on in that analysis, but Elias and his underlings turned a 30-win team into a 54-win team.  

Oriole fans, the kind who actually enjoy the process of building a good organization, aren't really into you spreading hate and discontent all over every thread.

I was just responding to Interloper who for some reason tried to make the thread about me.  I am not spreading hate.  I don't hate Elias. I think the whole thing is a fraud predicated by cheating.   I think he will fail here as he has shown me nothing. I think he was terrible at drafting pitchers. 

But you can dream all you want. It is not like I am going into threads looking for places to blast Elias.  If someone mentions me I am going to respond.  

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You said in June that the 2019 Orioles were probably going to set an all time record for worst winning percentage in Major League history.  Perhaps you were spot-on in that analysis, but Elias and his underlings turned a 30-win team into a 54-win team.  

Yeah with so many teams tanking it was hard to be the worst team of all time.  They might even have a better record this year than last but I don't think they will be better team even if there win/loss record is better. I  think so many teams aren't trying to win.  

Just now, atomic said:

I was just responding to Interloper who for some reason tried to make the thread about me.  I am not spreading hate.  I don't hate Elias. I think the whole thing is a fraud predicated by cheating.   I think he will fail here as he has shown me nothing. I think he was terrible at drafting pitchers. 

But you can dream all you want. It is not like I am going into threads looking for places to blast Elias.  If someone mentions me I am going to respond.  

Got it.  You don't hate Elias, you just think he's a cheat and a fraud and he's done absolutely nothing positive, and a ton of negative things.  But you don't hate him.

Got it.  You don't hate Elias, you just think he's a cheat and a fraud and he's done absolutely nothing positive, and a ton of negative things.  But you don't hate him.

No why would I hate him? Seems pretty silly to hate someone just because they aren't running a baseball team the way I want it to be run.