Orioles announce a ton of minor league hires; all affiliates to get S&C coordinators; first female S&C coach in O's history

interloper

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Did we really not have S&C coordinators before this?

2 hours ago, jarman86 said:

We did, I just don't think they were at every level.  

Looking at the 2018 press release, we had a strength and conditioning coach identified for Norfolk, Bowie, Frederick, Aberdeen and the DSL team.   Nobody listed for Delmarva or the GCL, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we didn’t have anyone during the season.   It may just be they hadn’t been hired when the press release went out.    All the S&C coaches listed in the 2018 press release have been replaced by now.   Most of those continued in 2019.     The only holdover I see from 2019 is Kevin Mixon, who was at Delmarva last year and will be at Frederick this year.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Looking at the 2018 press release, we had a strength and conditioning coach identified for Norfolk, Bowie, Frederick, Aberdeen and the DSL team.   Nobody listed for Delmarva or the GCL, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we didn’t have anyone during the season.   It may just be they hadn’t been hired when the press release went out.    All the S&C coaches listed in the 2018 press release have been replaced by now.   Most of those continued in 2019.     The only holdover I see from 2019 is Kent Mixon, who was at Delmarva last year and will be at Frederick this year.   

Yeah I knew we had thru Frederick and Aberdeen cause I always see them working with the players.  GCL doesn't make as much sense since I think Dave Walker(may not be Walker anymore) and a rehab/Strength guy down there year round, but I guess they want someone focused solely on rehab and solely on GCL.