Predictions

mweb

True, but your Big 10 love will fail you once again, this time it will just take two more weeks!

It's funny, I can't stand the Big Ten, I just think it's SO bad that Ohio State can certainly run the table. After seeing USC today (although the ACC is pitiful), I would like to have a re do. Since my column was in the paper two weeks ago, I have to stick with it, at least until SC crushes Ohio State in two weeks.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny, I can't stand the Big Ten, I just think it's SO bad that Ohio State can certainly run the table. After seeing USC today (although the ACC is pitiful), I would like to have a re do. Since my column was in the paper two weeks ago, I have to stick with it, at least until SC crushes Ohio State in two weeks.

Wrong! If USC wins it will not be by a big score. In fact I'm picking Ohio st to win the game. This is a much better Ohio ST team. They have as much if not more talent than USC. Don't let the pass foul you. I hope you guys saw Alabama beat the crap out of Clemson. The tide is rolling again.

Not sure which one of them to pick, but I predict a 2-loss SEC team will run circles around Ohio St, who will finish with 1 loss (to USC), in what is sure to be another snoozer of a championship game. And despite that, the arrogant proponents of the BCS will still claim the system works. As for the other contenders...

SEC - One of LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia will go to the championship game, the other three will have to duke it out for the Sugar Bowl bid. The two who don't make it will scream about the terrible system we have like the rest of us.

Pac 10 - USC will lose one, maybe two games they shouldn't. That will be just enough to knock them out of contention, but many will claim when all is said and done that they were arguably the best team in the country. Oregon looked strong last night, but I doubt they have what to takes to reach the top. Haven't seen Arizona St yet, but not sure if their OL can keep Carpenter upright enough to get it done.

Big 12 - The 2nd best conference in college football this year will have a similar problem as the SEC. The contenders will beat each other up, and having a conference championship game will knock someone out of the title game (see Missouri, 2007). In the end, Oklahoma will win the conference and Missouri should pick up a BCS at-large invite.

Big East - As in recent years, WV will lose a game they have no business losing and like USC will be part of the "what if" conversation. I don't see any other potential contenders in this conference.

ACC - :laughlol:

All of USC's tough games are at home, so I highly doubt they lose two PAC-10 games, and if they only lose one, they logically should get in over Ohio State is they had indeed beat them. Don't expect good logic from the BCS though.

All of USC's tough games are at home, so I highly doubt they lose two PAC-10 games, and if they only lose one, they logically should get in over Ohio State is they had indeed beat them. Don't expect good logic from the BCS though.

That's what makes predictions fun. :D

But if you look at USC's recent history, they have been known to stumble inexplicably. The losses at UCLA and Oregon St in '06, Stanford at home last year. It happens. If I had to pick "trap games" for the Trojans, the first would be 9/25 at Oregon St (right after Ohio St and right before Oregon and ASU). And for some reason I have a hunch they better not sleepwalk through the game at Arizona either. And if UCLA can get their QB situation worked out, that game could be very interesting too.

Bowl season will be Deja Vu all over again...

West Virginia over Oklahoma in the National Championship game...

The key to the season will be the matchup with Auburn (props to the Tigers - one of the few teams willing to step up and agree to a home and home with WVU) and December 6th when South Florida visits Morgantown... Both of those teams will be in the top ten for that matchup.

My bold prediction for this year is that Ohio State rolls through a weak Big Ten but that voters (wisely) decide not to let them screw up another BCS title game.

:D:mwahaha::D:2yay-thumb::D

Archived