Predictions

mweb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it, maybe they can be this years Hawaii.

I'd call them this year's Boise St. After the way Hawaii was exposed in the Sugar Bowl last season it pretty much proved they were there just becuase of an easy schedule. ECU on the other hand has already defeated 2 ranked teams and will play 2 more BCS conf. teams (albeit only UVA and NCST). I look forward to seeing if they will be in the Top 25 tomorrow.

It's funny, I can't stand the Big Ten, I just think it's SO bad that Ohio State can certainly run the table. After seeing USC today (although the ACC is pitiful), I would like to have a re do. Since my column was in the paper two weeks ago, I have to stick with it, at least until SC crushes Ohio State in two weeks.

Yeah, the re do was wise.:D

Domination tonight!

Yeah, the re do was wise.:D

Domination tonight!

For the record I did pick USC in this week's column...from pressbox:

USC -10.5 OVER OHIO STATE

I have to go against my preseason pick here -- but remember, that was before Chris "Beanie" Wells' injury. Wells expects to go this week, but he won't be 100 percent. USC is coming off a blowout win at Virginia and quarterback Mark Sanchez appears to be healthy. This could be ugly for the Buckeyes.

For the record I did pick USC in this week's column...from pressbox:

USC -10.5 OVER OHIO STATE

I have to go against my preseason pick here -- but remember, that was before Chris "Beanie" Wells' injury. Wells expects to go this week, but he won't be 100 percent. USC is coming off a blowout win at Virginia and quarterback Mark Sanchez appears to be healthy. This could be ugly for the Buckeyes.

Beanie Wells would not have made a difference in the final outcome tonight. He wouldn't even have been enough for OSU to cover the spread.

USC looked good yesterday, much better than the team they had last year. The rest of the Pac-10, not so much. They'll really have to collapse one weekend not to win out.

IF OSU wins @ Wisconsin which I do think is likely they have a good shot at running the table with the B10 as bad as it is. Considering losing to USC isn't likely to destroy them in the polls they'll have a legitimate shot of climbing back into the top 5. If they can get to #2 (or even higher if USC collapses one week) it will be a lot of fun seeing if the voters keep them from ruining another title game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived