Predictions

mweb

They still may be playing for their conf championship...Have you seen the schedule for Texas?

But ultimately, I agree with you because those big 12 teams are going to beat each other up...If I had to pick 2 teams today to play for the title, it would be Florida and USC.

Yup, it's tough but they have to lose twice. I think they make it through going 3-1 against MO/OSU/TT/KS.

FL may have the more raw talent than anyone other than USC but I'm not ready to say they might be one of the best two teams. They are going to lose in either Jax or Atlanta.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets look at the contenders and their remaining schedule(focusing on the tough games):

Big 12 teams:

Oklahoma: Kansas and Texas Tech at home...At K State and OK State.

Texas: Mizzou and Ok St at home...At TT and at Kansas

Mizzou: At Texas..Home against Kansas. Of course, they need to win tonight.

The game is next week...If Texas beats Mizzou, they will drop down..Texas goes up but they aren't likely to make it through their scehdule undefeated..If Mizzou can win next week, good chance they can get to the Big 12 championship undefeated and play either Texas or Oklahoma.

Big 10:

OSU: At Mich St, at Northwestern and at Illinois...Home against Penn St.

Penn St: At OSU and they need to win tonight.

OSU and Penn St game is huge...Winner probably goes to the Rose Bowl...If Penn St wins, they probably go undefeated and play for the NC...I don't think they will win though. OSU got killed against USC and has looked terrible in the NC games recently...I think perception hurts them and keeps them out even if they have 1 loss.

Mountain West:

BYU: At TCU and at Utah.

If BYU goes undefeated, i think they have a chance at playing for the title because they are ranked high and at TCU and at Utah are pretty good wins(TCU was ranked and Utah is in the top 15 right now). I don't think they will though and actually, i think they go down to TCU next week on a short week.

Pac 10:

USC: They have a bunch of games in conference and ND at home.

None of them are games they should lose or even really have much competition in.

SEC:

Alabama: at Tennessee and at LSU....Mississippi and Auburn at home.

Florida: Georgia on neutral field...At Vandy, at FSU...Home against South Carolina...Need to win tonight of course.

LSU: at South Carolina, at Ark...Home against UGA, Bama and Miss....Losing bad tonight.

Georgia: Vandy at home..Florida on neutral...at LSU, at Kent, at Aub

Florida has the easiest road here....Likely the Georgia/Florida winner goes to the SEC championship in all likelihood..If Bama wins at LSU, they are in great shape.

And of course, the big 12 and SEC championship games will be enormous.

To me, it will come down to a few big games(besides the conf championship games):

Mizzou/Texas

Fla/GA

LSU/Bama

BYU/TCU and Utah..Utah won't matter if they lose to TCU

Penn St/OSU

Texas/Kansas

Texas/TT

The Texas games matter if they beat Mizzou.

The winners of those games likely play for their conference championships and you start to weed everyone out.

End of the day, I see USC winning out and ending up with the #1 or #2 BCS ranking because everyone else loses.

Florida, LSU, Missouri, Texas or Oklahoma will be the other team and I think it will be Florida when all is said and done.

Well, Mizzou inexplicably lost tonight...Terrible loss for them.

Penn St really impresses tonight...Wisconsin was a top 10 team not that long ago and Penn St crushed them at Camp Randle...Monster performance.

Penn St may be able to beat OSU and if they do, they play for the title IMO.

How crazy would it be if Big 10 and Pac 10 played for the title?

Florida very impressive tonight too.

Well, Mizzou inexplicably lost tonight...Terrible loss for them.

Penn St really impresses tonight...Wisconsin was a top 10 team not that long ago and Penn St crushed them at Camp Randle...Monster performance.

Penn St may be able to beat OSU and if they do, they play for the title IMO.

How crazy would it be if Big 10 and Pac 10 played for the title?

Florida very impressive tonight too.

The MO loss just goes to show how much separation there is between the SEC and even the B12.

Wisconsin was never that good. If Penn State runs the table I guess they deserve it but I do think they lose a game.

FL has the talent, the question is will they show up when it counts. The answer is no... They'll lose either in Jax or Atlanta.

Well, in a shocker, the AP only dropped the Sooners to #4....They are still 2 spots ahead of USC.

This is a big surprise to me.

Right now, USC has Florida, Ok and Penn St ahead of them and I think all 3 of them stand a good chance at playing for the title.

I must say, I think USC is the best team in the country BUT a 1 loss Oklahoma team(with the loss to Texas) should be ahead of USC.

Florida? Toss up there for me.

Well, in a shocker, the AP only dropped the Sooners to #4....They are still 2 spots ahead of USC.

This is a big surprise to me.

Right now, USC has Florida, Ok and Penn St ahead of them and I think all 3 of them stand a good chance at playing for the title.

I must say, I think USC is the best team in the country BUT a 1 loss Oklahoma team(with the loss to Texas) should be ahead of USC.

Florida? Toss up there for me.

I agree it's a big surprise... It's a logical response which is unusual and makes it a surprise. We got the typical unsurprising result in the coaches poll where when a loss happens counts a lot more than the quality (or lack thereof) of the team they lose to. It'd be nice to see a bunch of these teams end with 1 loss to further illustrate what a joke the BCS is.

Look at the quote again.:D

LOl..thanks...I ready USC and my mind went to Big 12...What a stupid post on my part..deleted that one.

Glad BYU is out of the picture, don't care to hear about another team like that "deserving" to play for the championship.
I have no problem with some teams like that playing in a big bowl game but not the title game.

LOl..thanks...I ready USC and my mind went to Big 12...What a stupid post on my part..deleted that one.

I have no problem with some teams like that playing in a big bowl game but not the title game.

I also have no problem with them playing in a big bowl game, and if there were playoffs, I'd be fine with them being in that depending on how many teams are let in and obviously the resume of the team.

Archived