Sabathia = Buck Nasty

Basketeer

Threw yet another complete game (and shutout) today, bringing his totals to 6 CGs and 3 SOs (in 11 starts as a Brewer.) Also threw a one-hitter today and the Brewers are appealing, so it may end up as a no-hitter.

If he wasn't going to cost so dang much, the Orioles should probably throw money at him this offseason.

I'm not sure it was an error. That might be a play he usually makes but I'm not sure it was routine. To me it's like instant replay in football where there isn't enough conclusive evidence to overturn the call. Doesn't have anyone to blame but himself.

With that said, the guy is an absolute beast and he is on his way to getting darn near Santana money next year.

Today was the ninth time this year he's thrown 115 pitches. He's behind only Tim Lincecum in pitcher abuse points. I monitored the game on Gameday and wondered why he was coming out for the ninth. At the time I didn't know the hit was a questionable scoring decision.

I hope the Yankees sign him to a seven year deal.

I'm not sure it was an error. That might be a play he usually makes but I'm not sure it was routine. To me it's like instant replay in football where there isn't enough conclusive evidence to overturn the call. Doesn't have anyone to blame but himself.

With that said, the guy is an absolute beast and he is on his way to getting darn near Santana money next year.

That play was NOT an error. I don't care what Yost says or not. I have experience as an official scorer and I would have also called it a hit. Sorry CC - you threw a one-hitter.

The thing is, it seems like CC doesn't care whether it was a no-hitter or a one-hitter. It was Yost that was getting upset.

I thought it should have been called an error. However, MLB should NOT change the ruling. That's the big thing. They should deny the Brewers' appeal. If they accept it, it would jeopardize the whole instant replay process.

Sabathia must think he'd died and gone to heaven pitching in the inferior NL.

Cleveland: 18 starts, 122 IP, 3.83 ERA

Milwaukee: 11 starts, 88 IP, 1.43 ERA

It's nice playing inferior competition and getting to take a batter off once every 9 batters.

It was probably an error, but it was closer than I thought it would be after hearing about it on the radio. I think it should stay the same.

Definitely an error IMO. He got to the ball easily, had plenty of time to throw, had the ball in his hand beginning his throw with the runner only half way to first when he dropped the ball. Had he made the throw the runner would have been out by 10 feet. Looked routine to me.

Sabathia must think he'd died and gone to heaven pitching in the inferior NL.

Cleveland: 18 starts, 122 IP, 3.83 ERA

Milwaukee: 11 starts, 88 IP, 1.43 ERA

It's nice playing inferior competition and getting to take a batter off once every 9 batters.

Or if you look closer, you'll realize he has pitched tremendously since May.

ERA by month:

March: 8.44

April: 7.76

May: 2.44

June: 1.90

July: 2.27

August: 1.37

I'm not saying going to the NL didn't help, but it certainly doesn't explain the huge difference in ERA, a terrible start to the season explains that.

The more I see him pitch, the more it makes me want the O's to seriously pursue him. Can you imagine our record if we had a guy like Sabathia to go with Guthrie this year with how well we've hit?

As do I. C.C. is only 27 so a six year deal would run through is Age 33 season. With his track record and body type I wouldn't expect a huge performance dropoff at the end of his contract.

As do I. C.C. is only 27 so a six year deal would run through is Age 33 season. With his track record and body type I wouldn't expect a huge performance dropoff at the end of his contract.
Well yeah, if he signs a 6-year deal you wouldn't expect a huge dropoff.

He's probably gonna get 8 years though.

Archived