Sections of seats being closed off??

eddie83

23 hours ago, Es4M11 said:

Strictly an economic/efficiency ploy. Won't have to staff those areas during games, or clean up after the game. Also forces fans to sit in higher concentrations in the open sections which could look better on camera -- if you care about vanity.

While I don’t mind having a few empty srats around me, I’d rather sit in a section that’s 1/2 - 2/3 full than one that’s 10% full.   It makes things feel more exciting.

1 hour ago, Woody Held said:

My seats that I have had for the last 20 years were demolished this year by the O’s. What they have done in the lower bowl is eliminated the last three rows in most if not all section that has handicap seats.  This was done to build platforms to mount handicap seats that will be more view friendly.  Every time some would stand their view would be blocked.  A thoughtful thing to do. They could have communicate this to seat owners a little better then they did, but it all washed out eventually.

I also believe they may be fazing out Ticket Reps at least for Orange memberships, (13 game plans).   Orange memberships no longer get paper tickets , unless you pay an up fee and everything is being handled through the ballpark app.  All cost saving measures, but when you’re losing I would think you want more interaction with your fan base.

I guess we will see as the season gets closer

Most MLB teams are phasing out paper tickets. I think almost all NFL teams also. Rays don't even let you use cash at the Trop.

https://sports.cbslocal.com/2018/06/18/nfl-stadiums-ticketmaster-fully-digital-ticket-systems-2018-season/

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/09/12/baseball-tickets-los-angeles-dodgers-opening-day