For everyone begging for Teixeira

DC2Dallas

Less-than-flattering portrayal from Dallas Morning News columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor:

HEADLINE: Time for Teixeira to take off

SUBHEAD: Chronic complainer no longer a good fit in Rangers clubhouse

Some of the highlights:

• Clearly, Teixeira no longer wants to play for the Rangers. The feeling, however, is mutual.

• It's Teixeira's fault because he's a chronic complainer.

Think about it. He didn't like playing for Buck Showalter. Now, he doesn't like playing for Ron Washington. Those guys couldn't be more different in their approaches.

That tells me Teixeira or his agent, Scott Boras, is the problem.

• Teixeira is supposed to be one of the team's leaders. Instead of talking about trying to help his teammates sustain the momentum created in the last month with a 15-8 surge, he criticized virtually every facet of the organization.

More important, he failed to take any responsibility for the Rangers' poor record this season or any other year that he's been with the club.

• The Rangers aren't going to get a platinum package of prospects for Teixeira, but they would accept a gold package.

• He declined because he didn't want to travel that much, so he played one game in Frisco. Perhaps, we shouldn't have been surprised.

For the full story:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/071307dnspotaylor.3c4f98e.html

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Less-than-flattering portrayal from Dallas Morning News columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor:

Some of the highlights:

• Clearly, Teixeira no longer wants to play for the Rangers. The feeling, however, is mutual.

Think about it. He didn't like playing for Buck Showalter. Now, he doesn't like playing for Ron Washington. Those guys couldn't be more different in their approaches.

• Teixeira is supposed to be one of the team's leaders. Instead of talking about trying to help his teammates sustain the momentum created in the last month with a 15-8 surge, he criticized virtually every facet of the organization.

More important, he failed to take any responsibility for the Rangers' poor record this season or any other year that he's been with the club.

• The Rangers aren't going to get a platinum package of prospects for Teixeira, but they would accept a gold package.

• He declined because he didn't want to travel that much, so he played one game in Frisco. Perhaps, we shouldn't have been surprised.

For the full story:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/071307dnspotaylor.3c4f98e.html

Well then, if he's such a cancer in the Rangers clubhosue, we would be more than happy to take him off your hands. Wouldn't we burds? :D

I think all the signs are pointing to him being traded to the Orioles. We need to make a major move. He has said repeatedly that he wants to play here. He has criticized their organization. I think we see a deal involving Cabrera/Ray for Texeira. I don't know exactly how I feel about that, but I am tired of waiting on Cabrera and getting Tex + adding Weiters does really give me hope for the future.

I'll call it now, Tex is an Oriole by the end of the month.

BTW, dealing with Daniels does not scare me. He has been horrible as their GM.

Some of the highlights:

For the full story:

That's a very interesting article. Hopefully if he came here, he'd be able to put his complaints aside, for fear of losing hometown support in the same fashion- although if that's aprt of his personality, and not a result of the environment in Texas- than that won't happen. Is the environment here any better?

The one thing that I really found interesting, is how the writer suggests they might be a better team without him- noting their surge of late WITHOUT him in the lineup. He was quick to call him their best player. He does say it may just be a coincidence too, but it may be something else. Does this sound like a similar topic brought up here with the Orioles very own "best" player??

Very interesting...

If a trade comes down...you may be very surprised at what we have to give the Rangers...surprised in a good way!

There is another deal brewing that may be met with quite a mixed reaction.

Sonny76 ... thanks for the info, but give more than that ... please.:002_ssuprised:

If a trade comes down...you may be very surprised at what we have to give the Rangers...surprised in a good way!

There is another deal brewing that may be met with quite a mixed reaction.

OK...you've got my attention!

I think all the signs are pointing to him being traded to the Orioles. We need to make a major move. He has said repeatedly that he wants to play here. He has criticized their organization. I think we see a deal involving Cabrera/Ray for Texeira. I don't know exactly how I feel about that, but I am tired of waiting on Cabrera and getting Tex + adding Weiters does really give me hope for the future.

I'll call it now, Tex is an Oriole by the end of the month.

BTW, dealing with Daniels does not scare me. He has been horrible as their GM.

There are no signs pointing that he will be traded to the Orioles. McPhail and the front office has said several times they're not going to do anything to jeopardize us for the long term and that it would make no sense to unload a bunch of guys for a one year rental. That's the only important sign and that one is pointing no where near Teixeira, and rightfully so. Unless we can trade Bynum for him straight up we don't make a move because we already have too many holes on the field as is, we don't want to create another.

Archived