For everyone begging for Teixeira

DC2Dallas

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this article means much at all. What are the Dallas writers and fans suppose to say in a situation where their best player wants out. It is just like the reaction Miggy got right after he requested a trade. Miggy was the golden child before that request and now many indicate they would just like to dump him. BTW I would give Ray and Dcab, I think.

There are no signs pointing that he will be traded to the Orioles. McPhail and the front office has said several times they're not going to do anything to jeopardize us for the long term and that it would make no sense to unload a bunch of guys for a one year rental. That's the only important sign and that one is pointing no where near Teixeira, and rightfully so. Unless we can trade Bynum for him straight up we don't make a move because we already have too many holes on the field as is, we don't want to create another.

What if this is all posturing by Tex to get traded to Baltimore, and if the O's don't do it, we tick him off and he decided not to come here as a free agent? I think you've got to trade for him now. Ssend them Cabrera for starters and see what they say.

I agree with Fairfax...I think the Orioles are going to make a push for Tex.

They shouldn't but they will IMO.

BTW, what makes you think they'll push for him? Is it just the general "imagine the correct thing for the FO to do, and then predict that they do the opposite" thing? :D

What if this is all posturing by Tex to get traded to Baltimore, and if the O's don't do it, we tick him off and he decided not to come here as a free agent? I think you've got to trade for him now. Ssend them Cabrera for starters and see what they say.

Well he should know better then to deplete a team of talent he wants to play for. What if he wants to just play here for one season to say he did it then jets for NY the second FA rolls around. We can play the what if game all day. In that scenario we get ripped pretty good.

Sigh... probably.

I won't be jumping off any cliffs, but now is not the time.

I just don't believe that we will be trading for him. I would think that there are many other teams who would be able to afford to give up better players than we would. We can't afford to trade a bunch of prospects for him, but another team with hopes of winning it all this season might be willing to do so.

If he goes anywhere, I'd think it would be to Atlanta or the Yankees. If the Yankees get going in the next few weeks, I'd certainly expect them to make a run at Teix.

I just don't believe that we will be trading for him. I would think that there are many other teams who would be able to afford to give up better players than we would. We can't afford to trade a bunch of prospects for him, but another team with hopes of winning it all this season might be willing to do so.

If he goes anywhere, I'd think it would be to Atlanta or the Yankees. If the Yankees get going in the next few weeks, I'd certainly expect them to make a run at Teix.

I think if they can get him w/out trading Roberts, Bedard or Markakis, they'd do it.

BTW, what makes you think they'll push for him? Is it just the general "imagine the correct thing for the FO to do, and then predict that they do the opposite" thing? :D

A lot of reasons:

1) Hometown guy

2) Fans want him

3) He wants to be here

4) Team will justify that it has the pitching to replace DCab and that all of these one run losses will be cured by having a big bat

5) Reading the Sun board, where they don't touch the knowledge on here, most of them feel we are 1 or 2 players away from contending and most think Tex is a cure...That is your casual fan talking and that is who the O's will listen to.

From playing with and against Tex for so many years - you can honestly trust in the fact that a) Tex is a stand up guy that is more than likely just frustrated with an organization. b) he wants to come either here or Atlanta to play c) he will be all about the money at some point d) He is articulate, thoughtful, and highly competitive and would be a great addition to the face of the orioles and to the clubhouse.

There is one huge benefit to trading for Tex. Better to find out he's not the kind of guy you want to commit a long term contract and possibly $100m+ to before the commitment is made.

Yea and this kind of goes along with what i said about waiting and seeing if he doesn't put too much on his shoulders coming back home.

However, if you wait and see and he has a huge year next year, you have just spent a boat load of money.

If you choose to sign him now and he struggles with the pressure, you are in deep doodoo.

Best case is if he would sign now for some kind of 5-6 year extension(and pick up his option for next year on top of that) and get him signed for somewhere in the 75-100 million range

Yea and this kind of goes along with what i said about waiting and seeing if he doesn't put too much on his shoulders coming back home.

However, if you wait and see and he has a huge year next year, you have just spent a boat load of money.

If you choose to sign him now and he struggles with the pressure, you are in deep doodoo.

Best case is if he would sign now for some kind of 5-6 year extension(and pick up his option for next year on top of that) and get him signed for somewhere in the 75-100 million range

Trading for him and signing him are two completely different things. He's going to be a free agent no matter what. Trade for him now and you get a first hand look at how he handles the pressure of playing at home and whether or not he is someone you want to commit to. But either trading for him now or waiting until he is a free agent there will be no long term commitment until the offseason after the 2008 season.

Trade for him now and you get a first hand look at how he handles the pressure of playing at home and whether or not he is someone you want to commit to.

I think you are wildly overestimating Mark coming home and playing in OPACY as a pressure situation. It won't be. If anything it'll be the opposite.

Archived