For everyone begging for Teixeira

DC2Dallas

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not the point... he's not a free agent until the end of the 2010 season, and there may be a chance that he'll finally get it. I have no problem trading him, but not so much for a rental. And a rental is what Tex would be, because Boras will not sign an extension. He may sign later, but he's definitely going to go free agency, on, or not on the Orioles.

SO WHAT? If we have to sign him again as a free agent, so we do. It won't change the fact that we have him for the next 1.5 years. I really don't think Angelos would allow this fish to get away once he has been here. So what difference does it make if we extend him oprior to free agency or sign him as a free agent?

As for Cabrera, the fact that we have him under our control until 2010 just makes it worse. I DO NOT want a guy with a 5+ ERA and leading the league in walks on my pitching staff. I don't care HOW MUCH POTENTIAL he has. Didn't we learn this lesson with Ponson? If Trax, Benson, or Wright were putting up these numbers, everybody would be sreaming to release them. But Cabrera for some reason is off limits? Trade him now, get Tex, and resign Tex sometime between now and Christmas 2008. It ain't brain surgery!

Especially since Sonny called the Perlozzo sacking spot on to the day weeks in advance.
I wish Sonny could shed a little more light on this one.:D I think a trade of Bedard or BRob would be the unsettling one. Can not imagine them trading Nick the Stick.:eek:

It's not a question of replacing DCab, I'd trade him for a promising young bat, it's replacing him for a 1 year rental.

Exactly, and I think too many people are missing that point. Just look at A Rod in NY. Boras is his agent, they wont even TALK extension right now. Teixeira and Boras aren't going to march into Baltimore demanding contract extension talk, he's going to go into free agency.

If a trade of Cabrera and Ray can get you someone the likes of Crawford, who would be under our control for a few years, you do that. You do not move some of our best potential talent for a one year rental.

Trade those guys for someone like Crawford then sign Tex in free agency.

You can't trade for Tex now unless you plan on buying a ton of expensive players in free agency this off season and trying to contend next season. Which we all know isn't going to happen. Teixeira is a very bad idea.

I wish Sonny could shed a little more light on this one.:D I think a trade of Bedard or BRob would be the unsettling one. Can not imagine them trading Nick the Stick.:eek:

And they didn't want to risk BRob in a blow out last night.....hmmm!!

I think McPhail has been pretty clear on not trading pitching so it would be odd to see him suddenly trade Bedard now, I just don't see that in the works.

If there's a big trade to go down it would have to be Roberts in my opinion, high value, probably as high as it will ever be and lots of teams with talent to spare could use him. The Mets have made a few moves recently to suggest they aren't satisfied with their current situation.

Right, I think that's enough conjecture for one day! ;)

SO WHAT? If we have to sign him again as a free agent, so we do. It won't change the fact that we have him for the next 1.5 years. I really don't think Angelos would allow this fish to get away once he has been here. So what difference does it make if we extend him oprior to free agency or sign him as a free agent?

As for Cabrera, the fact that we have him under our control until 2010 just makes it worse. I DO NOT want a guy with a 5+ ERA and leading the league in walks on my pitching staff. I don't care HOW MUCH POTENTIAL he has. Didn't we learn this lesson with Ponson? If Trax, Benson, or Wright were putting up these numbers, everybody would be sreaming to release them. But Cabrera for some reason is off limits? Trade him now, get Tex, and resign Tex sometime between now and Christmas 2008. It ain't brain surgery!

Trade DCab for some one useful long term. Do you think PA is winning a bidding war for Tex with the MFY's with Mattingly as their manager?

Trade DCab for some one useful long term. Do you think PA is winning a bidding war for Tex with the MFY's with Mattingly as their manager?

Dcab ain't getting you a solid "long term player."

And trade value he has is from potential... and it's running out fast.

To trade Dcab, we're going to have to get back someone else's headache and right now Tex is Texas' headache.

I wish Sonny could shed a little more light on this one.:D

Yes - please! Definitely sounds like there's something brewing! But there's been no published reports of any looming deals.. This is where our insiders earn their (imaginary) paycheck!

Hmmmmm...let's see now...

a) Play for my hometown team, with my family living nearby, whom myself and my family have cheered for forever, and whom I STILL root for even though I play for another Major League Team, OR

b) Play for the Yankees because their new manager is the man that AS A KID was my favorite player.

I could be way off base here, but I would think that Tex is a little bit more mature than to play for a team just because he used to like the manager WHEN HE WAS A KID!

Plus, in my opinion, the Yankees are ready for a collapse. They are about to piss off BOTH Posada and Rivera. Both these guys wanted an extension, but the Yanks refused to talk extension until the season is over. Yet now the Yankees want to talk extension with A-Rod? Consider Posada and Rivera gone! A-Rod also is not resigning with the Yanks. Giambi is done there. Their pitching still stinks, and is only getting older. I'm telling you, this team is ripe for a few years in the toilet! They are not going to be as atractive as they have been in the past!

I think Tex comes here, and STAYS here after we trade for him!

a) Play for my hometown team, with my family living nearby, whom myself and my family have cheered for forever, and whom I STILL root for even though I play for another Major League Team, OR

b) Play for the Yankees because their new manager is the man that AS A KID was my favorite player.

I could be way off base here, but I would think that Tex is a little bit more mature than to play for a team just because he used to like the manager WHEN HE WAS A KID!

Plus, in my opinion, the Yankees are ready for a collapse. They are about to piss off BOTH Posada and Rivera. Both these guys wanted an extension, but the Yanks refused to talk extension until the season is over. Yet now the Yankees want to talk extension with A-Rod? Consider Posada and Rivera gone! A-Rod also is not resigning with the Yanks. Giambi is done there. Their pitching still stinks, and is only getting older. I'm telling you, this team is ripe for a few years in the toilet! They are not going to be as atractive as they have been in the past!

We all know what's attractive, Dip.

And the Yanks have plenty of it.

Sadly, they have some of the best pitching prospects in the minors.

Guest oriofan8
would you trade Markakis for Crawford??? That would a "mixed reaction" move.

Absolutely....I like Markakis, but I DON'T think he takes us to the next level.

Archived