Maryland vs. Michigan

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Big Ten champs!

Shared Big 10 championship after blowing a two-game lead. Didn't watch the game, really don't care if i watch another game this season at this point. Just lost interest because you can't trust this team. Maybe my interest will come back, but honestly, right now, I'm done until they fire Turgeon.

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Shared Big 10 championship after blowing a two-game lead. Didn't watch the game, really don't care if i watch another game this season at this point. Just lost interest because you can't trust this team. Maybe my interest will come back, but honestly, right now, I'm done until they fire Turgeon.

I mean, if you're not happy after we played well for a full 40 minutes vs a top-25 team and beat them by double digits then I really don't know what to tell you.

I am pretty happy with the Terps season.  No inexcusable losses, a lot of good wins, clutch end of game moments, etc.  Michigan St is the best team in the conference and probably in the country (the 9 losses are deceiving), so I think we need to get to at least the conference semis and then the Sweet Sixteen.

Although it has been awhile, I can't ever be too upset with the Terps.  The title in 2002, the Final Four in 2001, the amazing run to the ACC title in 2004, the really good team in 2010 that lost the heartbreaker to MSU, etc.  The Lady Terps title in 2006 was fantastic as well.  As a fan, they have delivered.  The Orioles, on the other hand, have delivered all of 3 total wins in the LCS over the last 36 seasons......a terrible ROI by every possible measure.  If anything, we are too harsh on the Terps and not nearly harsh enough on the Orioles. 

7 hours ago, Hallas said:

I mean, if you're not happy after we played well for a full 40 minutes vs a top-25 team and beat them by double digits then I really don't know what to tell you.

I don't like how they blew a two game lead and now have a participation trophy championship because of well, the typical Turgeon late season spiral. They should be embarrassed that they have to share this after being up by two games. But hey, it's a "Big-10 regular season championship, right?" They'll just jump up and down like school girls and then they'll go out and get beat in the first or second round of the NCAAs because that's what they do.

Sorry, but I'm not going to celebrate backing into a co-championship that they only shared because of two miracles late game wins. This team is not very good, has no depth, and is going to be absolutely terrible next year after Stix and Cowan leave. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't like how they blew a two game lead and now have a participation trophy championship because of well, the typical Turgeon late season spiral. They should be embarrassed that they have to share this after being up by two games. But hey, it's a "Big-10 regular season championship, right?" They'll just jump up and down like school girls and then they'll go out and get beat in the first or second round of the NCAAs because that's what they do.

Sorry, but I'm not going to celebrate backing into a co-championship that they only shared because of two miracles late game wins. This team is not very good, has no depth, and is going to be absolutely terrible next year after Stix and Cowan leave. 

Okay.  Our side of the bracket is Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State.   So the Terps get a chance to prove you wrong at least.

By the way, Wisconsin is only a 1 seed because of a last second win over Minnesota at home, and a miracle win over us at home.  So that argument cuts pretty much for every team.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I have to agree with you.

Being a Terp fan for decades, its been up and down over the years, it took a long time to recover from Bias and Gary had some good years, and winning the big one, was a great moment for this team.

I do not see Turgeon winning the big one here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Maryland is a not an easy sell for a recruiter, you have to have decent SAT scores and is not a tier 1 school based on name, like Duke, KY, UCLA, etc.

I really hope they don't end up canceling the NCAA tournament.  If they do I will be incredibly disappointed, it is my favorite sporting event of the year by far.  I think preventing fans from attending is sufficient enough to prevent the spread of COVID-19.